Esteemed Contributor

Here is one big reason we cant get ventilators and masks

Per Washington Post:  ventilators, masks and gowns are primarily made overseas and the countries of manufacture are prohibiting their export and restricting their use for in country.  Another reason to at least bring the manufacturing of critical items back to USA.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Here is one big reason we cant get ventilators and masks

Honored Contributor

Wow, somebody's feelings are hurt before the posts are even made.

Honored Contributor

Yea, I'm afraid we are learning the hard way that we better get back to making everything here in the USA. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That respirator ventilator situation just intensifies the fact that not much is made in the USA these days and it just may be the straw which might tip things rolling in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

I saw a report on the news last night where a company, I think in New Orleans, that normally makes whiskey, has switched over to making hand sanitizer.  Interesting use of resources.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That respirator situation just intensifies the fact that not much is made in the USA these days and it just may be the straw which might tip things rolling in the right direction.

@SilleeMee 

I think people are finally getting it. My 33 year job was all in manufacturing. Even though I retired in 1991 certain orders from our plant were starting to disappear years before that day. Most workers there knew the "what/why/where" of those orders and was several years before I retired. 

From my understanding, over 70,000 manufacturing plants closed over the years since my retirement. I'm with you on this, and not just the pharmaceuticals.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Many big manufacturing plants are setting up to make the things much needed in the medical field. The auto manufacturers are also involved. Great to see this happening.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Kachina624 

Many big manufacturing plants are setting up to make the things much needed in the medical field. The auto manufacturers are also involved. Great to see this happening.

hckynut

.....and guess who is taking the credit for it in a speech yesterday.............

right ,you guessed it!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the government asked all companies that are able to step up and do what they can to help out because  when manufacturing went over seas we lost the ability to manufacture much needed products in the states....to bad it took a virus to figure this out.

I don't care who takes credit....he asked and those companies that can --are helping out.

We lost a lot of business when the trade aggrement was put into place many years ago....our small business works with industry and we lost 2 large accounts, the companies closed.