Honored Contributor

I stretched in my sleep and put my upper back out, the whole thing between my shoulder blades. I had been doing so well. Going to the orthopedist at 3:30 this afternoon. It feels muscular, not spinal. I hope so. It will still take six to eight weeks to heel which ruins the holidays for me. Everybody has their nemesis and this is so obviously mine. I am so angry.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Oh, (((Ford))). I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the news will be good, and the healing time will be brief. Take care.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sad} Sorry Ford, I feel your pain I really do. This has happened to me and it is terrible. I hope you get some relief. Don't be angry, it will just make your pain worse. Try to relax. Make yourself some hot tea and take it easy until your appointment. ((hugs))

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, Ford. I hope you feel better quickly.

Will they be able to give you some treatments to help speed up the healing process?

Honored Contributor
On 11/19/2014 brii said:

I'm sorry, Ford. I hope you feel better quickly.

Will they be able to give you some treatments to help speed up the healing process?

There's really nothing they can do. Heavy painkillers, which I will not take, are the only option. I will not be going to the hospital since I can walk to and from the bathroom and able to make my own coffee this morning. I'm wondering if I will be able to get dressed, I sure don't want to wind up in the doctor's office in my robe! I'll ask my daughter to come a little early so she can help me with that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Ford, if it's muscular, why not ask him/her about an EMS unit (kind of like a tens unit). We have one that our chiropractor got for us and I don't travel without it and that means, even to the grocery store.

If it's muscular, it helps the muscles to relax. I hate taking meds (but will I if have to) and find that by using this wonderful portable machine, I can go without them.

Please inquire about this. I am so sorry to hear about what happened. Frustrating is an understatement, believe me, I know.

Honored Contributor
On 11/19/2014 dooBdoo said:

Oh, (((Ford))). I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the news will be good, and the healing time will be brief. Take care.

I'm pretty sure it's muscular, which is almost as much pain, but not as serious long term.

Thanks everyone.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I'm sure your daughter can help you get dressed.

I understand about the pain killers. Can you try ice and then heat?

Honored Contributor
On 11/19/2014 HisElk said:

Ford, if it's muscular, why not ask him/her about an EMS unit (kind of like a tens unit). We have one that our chiropractor got for us and I don't travel without it and that means, even to the grocery store.

If it's muscular, it helps the muscles to relax. I hate taking meds (but will I if have to) and find that by using this wonderful portable machine, I can go without them.

Please inquire about this. I am so sorry to hear about what happened. Frustrating is an understatement, believe me, I know.

I'll see what he says, thanks HisElk.

Formerly Ford1224
Valued Contributor

Oh I am sorry to hear this as well, been there, done that many times. My back is my own worst enemy. You have my prayers for quick healing. May you enjoy your holidays in spite of your back.