Honored Contributor

No, I have no issue with the term whatsoever. Many more things to be concerned with that really impact our lives, I will focus on those.  

Honored Contributor

It does NOT bother me at all,MOO---MOO!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Oh boy.  

I don't really care about this at all.  I'll just be happy when it happens. 

Trusted Contributor

Doesn't bother me at all, I know what it means.  Seeing people get shots doesn't bother me either, though I understand that some people are afraid of needles.  What I hate is when they show people making these exaggerated faces like it's painful.  That just plays into the fear that some have.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Might be disrespectful to cows. Cows are much more rational than many humans' behaviors  we have seen in the last 12 months. 

@Goldengate8361.  Cows are dumb, dumb, dumb and they are not rational.  Ever see a Western movie of a stampede caused by a thunderstorm?  That's herd behavior in cattle.

@CoffeeNut 

People are not rational sometimes either and can be dumb, dumb and dumb.   Look at the stampede of people  rushing into a store on black friday.  ( Pre-covid days of course. )

Look at the stampede of people running to get on the schedule for the vaccine as soon as it was available.  I can't imagine the amount of time that has been exhausted trying to get an appointment.  Look at the rows of cars in line for the vaccine or testing on the news every night.  Kind of looks like the stockades to me......MOOOOO!  Herd immunity is a good name for it.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Herd Immunity

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Nope, doesn't bother me. 1 word I am tired of hearing is existential. Way overused, and seems as if I krepitate, it will end life as we know it. And then to connect it to cows?

Could list many others, some used because it makes some using them feel smarter then this lower undereducated dummy(me). 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm also sick of news reports showing needles going into arms.  I have a problem with needles and spend half the newscasts with my eyes closed.  Why is this necessary?  Many people are squeamish about this.

@Kachina624 

I like seeing it if it is a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. Needles to me are like washing my hands, even IV's. Squeamish and needles, along with personal modesty, I left at the hospital many, many years ago.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954    Your post is spot on!  So true!  

Honored Contributor

I thought this was interesting as well:

"Herd immunity is vulnerable to the free rider problem.[48] Individuals who lack immunity, particularly those who choose not to vaccinate, free ride off the herd immunity created by those who are immune.[48] As the number of free riders in a population increases, outbreaks of preventable diseases become more common and more severe due to loss of herd immunity.[11][12][13][45][47]

Individuals may choose to free ride for a variety of reasons, including the belief that vaccines are ineffective,[49] or that the risks associated with vaccines are greater than those associated with infection,[1][12][13][49] mistrust of vaccines or public health officials,[50] bandwagoning or groupthinking,[45][51] social norms or peer pressure,[49] and religious beliefs.[12] Certain individuals are more likely to choose not to receive vaccines if vaccination rates are high enough to convince a person that he or she may not need to be vaccinated, since a sufficient percentage of others are already immune.[1][47]"

If I felt the need to abstain from getting vaccinated, I would be so grateful to everyone else for covering for me and getting vaccinated so I didn't have to. I wouldn't lash out at the people who were trying to get the country back on track. I'd acknowledge that I was being a free rider and making things more difficult, and be in awe of the fact that I lived in a country where anyone even cared to try to accomodate my minority view rights.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain - People who do not want to take the experimental inoculations against one or more COVID-19 illness symptoms (and not against SARS-CoV-2 infection or SARS-CoV-2 infection) are not seeking a free ride off the backs of others, because the COVID-19 inoculations will not protect the un-injected people from infection with the actual virus, and instead, the inoculations may turn the injected people into asymptomatic carriers of SARS-CoV-2, which will not help anyone who is not injected.  

I am not grateful to anyone receiving a COVID-19 shot, but I sure do pray for every one of them, that they do not suffer severe side effects from the mRNA (or the just-approved adenovirus-vectored DNA) injections or develop ADE. Antibody dependent enhancement (ADE) is a very real concern for medical researchers, and there is a very real possibility that those injected could experience a worsening of lung infiltration with the SARS-CoV-2 virus upon actual viral challenge.

So far, 1,095 deaths from the COVID-19 shots have been reported to VAERS, and the symptom onset descriptions are disturbing. Also upsetting is this article in the New York Times - "As Millions Get Shots, F.D.A. Struggles to Get Safety Monitoring System Running". The BEST system that was supposed to be functional is not capturing the injection injury data at all.  I find that unacceptable and uncaring.