Honored Contributor

@2blonde 

I was bleeding and saw my gastro yesterday and she made the disfnosis

@2blonde wrote:

@I am still oxox   OK, so how did you know you had a problem?  Didn't you have some pain and/or swelling after or during elimination?  Maybe yours are still on the inside.  I know they don't cause much problems until they get pushed to the outside.......at least that's how it is with me.  Currently, I wouldn't even know they are there because they are "in" where they belong.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

My son suffers terribly from them. I’ve seen ads for a product called Emu-Aid. Has anyone tried this? Would appreciate any feedback you might have. He’s had the Banding procedure done, but it only helped for a short time and it’s expensive. He’s tried the Miralax, Citrucel, etc., but nothing seems to help.☹️

Trusted Contributor

How about coffee?  It gets things moving for lots of people.

When I diet, I make sure to eat the Bran Buds!  You are eating less food so there is less to push things along.  I got my "friends" when I was on NutriSystem, back when it was all in cans.  

Avoid any chemicals/drugs.  They artificially increase the water in your bowels.  Where does that water come from?  Other organs.

Beyond that, you can end up relying on a pill to go because you essentially stopped peristalsis but, after a while, the pills can stop working.

Just like any other "muscle", you need to use it.  Do what you can to stay as natural as you can.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   Oh, OK.  That makes sense.  It sounds like they haven't gotten inflamed yet, or you'd be in pain for sure.  You're in a position now to avoid all that.  My best advice would be to do whatever it takes to avoid any hard stools.  Those are what will cause them to advance to the next stage, which is when they swell and come "out."  As long as you don't have to strain in the bathroom, you should be able to keep them under control.  Good luck to you!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Is it a prescription cream or OTC? My mother had terribly painful bleeding hemorrhoids. She never had problems with constipation so she didn't have to add fiber. She liked fruit, apples in particular, and raw vegetables such as carrots, celery and radishes. The doctor advised her to use an ointment with lidocaine. I don't remember the name of it but there are name brand and generic available. Sorry you have to deal with hemorrhoids!

Honored Contributor

@2blonde, I agree with you about the Magnesium supplement, I wish I had tried it sooner. It really has helped alot. 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining Script from the doc 10 days am and pm, it is basically a cortizone cream

@Silver Lining wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Is it a prescription cream or OTC? My mother had terribly painful bleeding hemorrhoids. She never had problems with constipation so she didn't have to add fiber. She liked fruit, apples in particular, and raw vegetables such as carrots, celery and radishes. The doctor advised her to use an ointment with lidocaine. I don't remember the name of it but there are name brand and generic available. Sorry you have to deal with hemorrhoids!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I think Benifiber is very mild. Sometimes it doesn't even work for me. I've had hemorrhoid problems off and on for years.

Honored Contributor

I get tears rather than hemorrhoids. I don't know which one is worse but the tears are really painful and take forever to heal for me.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4   If you aren't already, try adding a magnesium supplement.  I take 500 mg once or twice a day, depending on my situation and whether  or not I've had fish that day (fish has a lot of magnesium).

Laura loves cats!