Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@I am still oxox   Yes.....I'm 70 now and have had them since I was in my early 20's!  I think it all started because I ate poorly (not enough fiber mostly) when I was young, and had problems with constipation.  It's all about the straining, you know.  I've had a couple horrendous attacks in the past because I had "pushed" too hard.  You never want to do that unless you want to feel like you have marbles on your anus and are in so much pain and swelling that you have to sit sideways!  I was bleading so badly I had to wear protection, and you can imagine what it felt like when I had to use the bathroom.

I learned how to eat better and take magnesium daily to loosen the stool.  I also eat some red pepper with my meals every day because that helps me get the urge right after breakfast, so I "go" every day like clockwork.  I haven't had a bad attack in many years now.  After that last one was so awful, I learned my lesson.

@2blonde  I'm 59 and never had hemorrhoids. However, I take magnesium daily too and it works wonders.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Are they internal or external or both? I had to have surgery mine were so bad after childbirth. When they thrombose or get stuck it’s hurts so bad. Worse than anything imaginable because that area is so innervated. 

Hopefully the cream and fiber intake will help. 

@GenXmuse  That happened to my sister. She was in agony after giving birth.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oatmeal helps.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I know that certain foods and supplements that contain iron can be constipating. So just when you think you're doing something good for yourself by eating more fiber like salads with lettuce (iceberg) and spinach...those two veggies are high in iron so eat them in moderation or not at all.

@SilleeMee 

What are the iron levels on fresh produce?

Especially iceberg lettuce/spinach compared to a tablet?

@sidsmom 

I think the amount would depend on which supplement is taken. Some contain more iron than others. 

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Are they internal or external or both? I had to have surgery mine were so bad after childbirth. When they thrombose or get stuck it’s hurts so bad. Worse than anything imaginable because that area is so innervated. 

Hopefully the cream and fiber intake will help. 

@GenXmuse  That happened to my sister. She was in agony after giving birth.

Yeah, that whole area feels like roadkill! I can empathize. 

Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@2blonde 

I have never had any other those issues, I am 64 and have been on WW for the last 14 months, only thing I can think is the amount of oil and salad dressings I eat has decreased

@2blonde wrote:

@I am still oxox   Yes.....I'm 70 now and have had them since I was in my early 20's!  I think it all started because I ate poorly (not enough fiber mostly) when I was young, and had problems with constipation.  It's all about the straining, you know.  I've had a couple horrendous attacks in the past because I had "pushed" too hard.  You never want to do that unless you want to feel like you have marbles on your anus and are in so much pain and swelling that you have to sit sideways!  I was bleading so badly I had to wear protection, and you can imagine what it felt like when I had to use the bathroom.

I learned how to eat better and take magnesium daily to loosen the stool.  I also eat some red pepper with my meals every day because that helps me get the urge right after breakfast, so I "go" every day like clockwork.  I haven't had a bad attack in many years now.  After that last one was so awful, I learned my lesson.

Red pepper???  Please explain how you use it?

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  turmeric keeps inflammation at bay.  I have external and they often were so painful but with taking 2 capsules of turmeric have not had an episode in years.  Applying tea tree oil helps also.  

Honored Contributor

Calcium supplements are often a source of constipation. 

@SilleeMee I had a fissure and it was excruciating. It took forever to heal. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I know about the calcium! @GenXmuse  My problem is not so much about constipation, maybe a little, but I have scleroderma and that has made all of my orifices smaller, thinner skinned and loss of elasticity...no stretch. So you can imagine the other things that I'm going throughSmiley Indifferent...TMI...lol! 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I know about the calcium! @GenXmuse  My problem is not so much about constipation, maybe a little, but I have scleroderma and that has made all of my orifices smaller, thinner skinned and loss of elasticity...no stretch. So you can imagine the other things that I'm going throughSmiley Indifferent...TMI...lol! 

I wasn’t directing the calcium at you, just a general comment. Lol. Didn’t separate my thoughts enough,

No such thing as tmi with me.  After several butt surgeries, I’m all about it, lol. I had a fissure that turned into a fistula. I have so much scar tissue I’m a mess!!