Trusted Contributor

Re: Help!!! Serious pain after pedicure ugh

On 12/21/2014 Zita said:

Yes, by all means be careful, but to imply that only a podiatrist can handle toenails is ridiculous. (Do they have real medical training?) And it's even more disingenous to say that people who want pedicures do it for vanity reasons! Finally, some of us have back and disability problems and can't "do" their own pedicures. Do you really think your medical insurance will pay a high-priced podiatrist to do this without an underlying medical issue?

Finally, I 'm confused by the the poster whose friend almost lost a foot when she had a manicure. Really? Did the infection travel that fast from hand to foot?

Seriously, I really do hope the op got some real medical attention for her problem.

Yes medical insurance will cover a visit to a podiatrist without an underlying medical issue. My mother goes to a podiatrist to have her toenails trimmed and it's completely covered by her insurance. She has no medical condition that would make this necessary.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 akaburtonfan said:
On 12/21/2014 Zita said:

Yes, by all means be careful, but to imply that only a podiatrist can handle toenails is ridiculous. (Do they have real medical training?) And it's even more disingenous to say that people who want pedicures do it for vanity reasons! Finally, some of us have back and disability problems and can't "do" their own pedicures. Do you really think your medical insurance will pay a high-priced podiatrist to do this without an underlying medical issue?

Finally, I 'm confused by the the poster whose friend almost lost a foot when she had a manicure. Really? Did the infection travel that fast from hand to foot?

Seriously, I really do hope the op got some real medical attention for her problem.

Yes medical insurance will cover a visit to a podiatrist without an underlying medical issue. My mother goes to a podiatrist to have her toenails trimmed and it's completely covered by her insurance. She has no medical condition that would make this necessary.

Some medical insurance may cover it. I know mine does not so it's best to check with your individual insurance on this.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

So glad you are feeling better and am enjoying time with your family.