Trusted Contributor

Re: Help!!! Serious pain after pedicure ugh

homedecor1, glad to hear that you are on the mend. Hopefully you'll feel better soon for the holidays! take care.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe she didn't go to a doctor when the pain started. She went back to the woman who butchered her toe. Unbelievable. I'm happy to hear she finally did go to a doctor. I just don't understand some people and the risks they take with their bodies.
Trusted Contributor

homedecor1, you are a strong person! I am amazed you made your flight! Fingernail or toenail injuries are THE MOST painful, even if tiny. This sounded so painful!

Nice tip on hemorhoid cream.(I have no idea how to spell that).

I am sort of surprised someone up above me here thought that Podiatry is not a valid licensed, highly trained profession? Doctor of Podiatry = DR of feet

Trusted Contributor

On 12/21/2014 chrystaltree said: I can't believe she didn't go to a doctor when the pain started. She went back to the woman who butchered her toe. Unbelievable. I'm happy to hear she finally did go to a doctor. I just don't understand some people and the risks they take with their bodies.

The doctor said the toe has been infected for at least a week. Since she had the pedicure on Thursday, the nail tech wasn't the cause.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

homedecor1.... I'm so glad that you got to a doctor. Have a wonderful holiday. I'm the OP on the other thread whose post about Christmas's past and family memories helped you decide to be with family for the holiday this year. Take care of yourself...and do enjoy the holiday.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 ciao_bella said:

homedecor1.... I'm so glad that you got to a doctor. Have a wonderful holiday. I'm the OP on the other thread whose post about Christmas's past and family memories helped you decide to be with family for the holiday this year. Take care of yourself...and do enjoy the holiday.

Thank you for that thread and I am so enjoying my granddaughter & family now it's only day 1 but so far loving every minute!! Merry Christmas and bless the wonderful people who are always available for everyday dilemmas whether comments are good or bad!
Esteemed Contributor

Are u saying the female doing ur pedicure didn't notice that u had an infection? Also, realize that many hand and feet infections happen at salons when getting a manicure/pedicure - and people lose their nails. They don't sterilize the tools - and many salons are not licensed (or the person working there isn't licensed - especially when they're from another the country). This happened to Paula Abdul -- in an upscale salon.

Trusted Contributor

I empathize with you. I went a podiatrist to have my nails trimmed because they curl inward a bit. He must have used unsterilized scissors because the next day my toe was severely infected. Took 2 weeks of soaking in hot water to get rid of the infection. I would never go back to that podiatrist. Obviously I didn't have an infection before I went or he never would have been able to cut the nail. It would have been sore. Yes, you should go get antibiotics to help with the infection and I wouldn't go back to that salon ever again.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Thank you fir posting back, home decor. Glad to hear you were examined.
Trusted Contributor

This should be a lesson for everyone. Don't let person doing your pedicure 'dig', or cut any skin. You're just asking for problems. I'm glad to hear she finally went to see a physician! Let's hope her infection responds well to the meds.