Honored Contributor

Re: Help - Help! I need recommendations for an insect repellant for sensitive skin!!!

@NicksmomESQ 

I saw this recently in a drug store and wondered if it really worked??  I thought if so, this would be great.

I swell up like crazy from every kind of bite.  I am now recovering from what I originally thought was a mosquito bite but now don't know.  Had to go to ER and they gave me antibiotics it is so bad.  

Thanks for your reply!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Help - Help! I need recommendations for an insect repellant for sensitive skin!!!

@goldensrbest 

Thank you very much --- I will look this up!! 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette 

So this really works?Do you use the original or one of their actual repellant ones?  Thanks so much. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I haven't had to use it yet this year, so I don't have a fresh version.  In the past, I used the regular version.  It did work for me.

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway 

No --- I don't use any fabric softener at all.  I don't use any scent on my person at all when I go out walking.  Insects of every kind just seem to love me for whatever reason -- unfortunately!  I swelll up terribly and get a bad reaction.  I thought I had gotten bitten this time by mosquitos, but this is now uncertain as to what it really was!!   I ended up going to ER because one bite in particular got so bad -- what a mess.  They put me on antibiotics.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette 

Thank you for your reply.  I am now afraid to take walks!  Well, at the moment I can't even because my leg is so messed up.  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Krimpette 

Thank you for your reply.  I am now afraid to take walks!  Well, at the moment I can't even because my leg is so messed up.  

I don't like spraying that repellent on my skin...part of me thinks "This can't be good to be absorbed into your skin or breathed in"....no matter how safe it is supposed to be.

I would wear long pants and long sleeves, a sun hat and sunglasses to walk.  Hard in hot weather, but would help.  I burn very easily, and wear a long sleeved shirt with SPF protection from LL Bean.  It is surprisingly comfortable in the heat.

Maybe switch to an indoor walking dvd or YouTube video, like Leslie Sansone.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Krimpette 

I don't like spraying that repellent on my skin...part of me thinks "This can't be good to be absorbed into your skin or breathed in"....no matter how safe it is supposed to be.

I would wear long pants and long sleeves, a sun hat and sunglasses to walk.  Hard in hot weather, but would help.  I burn very easily, and wear a long sleeved shirt with SPF protection from LL Bean.  It is surprisingly comfortable in the heat.

Maybe switch to an indoor walking dvd or YouTube video, like Leslie Sansone.

@alicedee 

I agree about applying repellants to the skin not being healthy.  And more for me is the fact that I am allergic to nearly everything!  I always have to walk very early in the morning because I can't stand heat.  I get so much enjoyment from being outside in the air -- this is like my nirvana!  Walking inside --- does nothing for me.  I appreciate your post and I thank you very much!!!  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I understand!  Hope you find a solution that works for you.  🌷

Super Contributor

I noticed on QVC it is sold out . It was effective and I am bitten by everything usually and this gives  a 15 ft protection  around you .Has no scent and is quiet 

Maybe try amazon .