Respected Contributor

My dad is 93 and is as deaf as a stone. He got hearing aids and wore them for 2 weeks. He hated them...sitting in a drawer. We are still screaming so he can hear us. Cant hear a thing over the phone...refuses to let us get an amplifier for it (I can hear, omg). And he’s still driving!!!  Love him to pieces but he’s an overly independent WW II vet who doesn’t think he needs a thing...whatcha gonna do?  Got to let it go 🤷🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Thanks all I am the worn wearing them and have had them for about two weeks,at time they are comfortable but at others I find they make my ears itch and the part over my ear is always picking up static from my hair moving or my reading glasses

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Yes, eventually.  I've worn them over 3 years now and when I first got them, they bothered me.  My audiologist finally found a 'tip' that worked better (the thing that goes in your ear).  It is smaller and easier for me to wear.

Honored Contributor

I got used to them rather quickly.  It was funny the first time I was about to walk out of the audiologists office with the hearing aids - 15 years ago.  He warned me about how noisy NYC is.   

Now, the hearing aids are programmable and you can muffle a lot of the extra noise.

I haven't had any issues with the devices.  I'm on my third pair .... technology changes rather quickly.  I wear custom fitted ... they are so comfortable, that I have to feel my ear to check if I have them in.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Yes, eventually.  I've worn them over 3 years now and when I first got them, they bothered me.  My audiologist finally found a 'tip' that worked better (the thing that goes in your ear).  It is smaller and easier for me to wear.

@DrKelli 

Mine are completely in my ear ... an ear mold was made and the devices custom-fitted.  The volume and program control buttons are on the front.

Trusted Contributor

Happy to say I got used to my aids right away, what a joy to not keep saying "What" and discovering shopping carts make noises :-).  Every once in a while one will feel itchy and I take it out for a few minutes then put it back in.  Love my aids.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Happy to say I got used to my aids right away, what a joy to not keep saying "What" and discovering shopping carts make noises :-).  Every once in a while one will feel itchy and I take it out for a few minutes then put it back in.  Love my aids.

@chlema 

My big surprise was how much noise the toilet makes when flushed.  Sounded like Niagra Falls!

Respected Contributor

I feel that way about water running!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

It sure does

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@chlema wrote:

@chlema 

My big surprise was how much noise the toilet makes when flushed.  Sounded like Niagra Falls!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Something is not correct with mine, the left one keeps getting dislodged after I am on the phone