Valued Contributor

Does anyone use a meal delivery service that is healthy? Many of them say they are, but  then they are covered in sauce or cheese or don't disclose ingredients. I guess I am looking for more simple, lower calorie "whole foods" meals. Not Whole Foods like the grocery store but as in non-processed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Healthy meal plans?

[ Edited ]

If the meals were "plain jane" basic, people wouldn't buy them.  They sign up for the service because the food promises to be good, quick and easy to fix.  I don't see a lot of cheese/sauces on it.  I imagine lists of ingredients are available as well as nutritional information.

Doesn't Daily Harvest claim to be "clean" food?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Growing wrote:

Does anyone use a meal delivery service that is healthy? Many of them say they are, but  then they are covered in sauce or cheese or don't disclose ingredients. I guess I am looking for more simple, lower calorie "whole foods" meals. Not Whole Foods like the grocery store but as in non-processed.

@Growing, I just received a coupon for Hello Fresh which we have used before. It has about six different options or meal plans. I found it a time saver and because last summer I had shingles, I wasn't able to cook. I was able to get low carbohydrate meals but they also offer plans for vegetarians and other dietary specifications. The food was fairly good ...certainly a lot better than any of the Lean Cuisine or Atkins frozen meals I had tried.

Esteemed Contributor

Martha Stewart  has a food delivery service. It is called marleyspoon.com. I checked it out and it seems reasonable and you can order low carb, vegetarian and everyday meals.

Esteemed Contributor

Before you can judge a service be very clear about your criteria.  Fiber, sugar, artificial anything, salt, type of fat?

Honored Contributor

@Growing wrote:

We use Hello Fresh and Everyplate. I highly recommend them.

They send the exact grocery ingredients you need to make their recipies. And then there is an illustrated recipe card for each meal. Almost no food waste.

Most of the recipies aren't diet meals, but you can see all the pre-measured ingredients you're using: carrots, ground beef, panko crumbs, sour cream, etc. You choose either 2 or 4 servings. The recipe card shows the number of calories in each serving.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I checked out several,get tired of cooking for 1, too many have too much sodium in them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.