Honored Contributor

Re: Healthy beverage with no sugar or artificial sweetener and no carbonation

@Trix wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1 Check out the Yogi brand of teas. Even if you don't buy theirs they explain on the box what the benefits of the blend are claimed to be.  Yogi is available at a number of major chain grocery stores, some local independent grocers, health food stores, and of course very easy to find online.  They also have a website which may be easier to read than the small print on the boxes in a store.

My favorite is Breathe Deep.  I need respiratory health help, but I would drink this tea just for its included flavors of licorice, ginger, and eucalyptus (among several other ingredients).   It's delicious hot or iced!

Thank you very much!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Most healthy liquid there is - zero calories - absolutely no added anything.Very refreshing. The absolute best hydrater - good ole glass of water. 

I've gotten into drinking almost nothing else but water in the last couple of years. Not 100% of the time but about 90%.I don't miss things like sodas at all. I do drink one cup of coffee in the morning every day because I really need the hot beverage with caffine so I can go to the bathroom. Otherwise - water all the rest of the day.

My DH is amazed that I can drink water all evening and not have to get up at night. I keep telling him nurses have huge bladders because we have to "hold it" for a long time sometimes.

Honored Contributor

water

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1

Check out magnesium oil for muscle relaxation.  It's like taking an epsom bath without having to sit in a tub of water.

I get this from Vitacost.

Life-Flo Pure Magnesium Oil

There is also a lotion version.

Yes @lolakimono I love this too as Calm or other internal magnesium gives me “loose bowels.” 😩

Super Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

water

@jackthebear Yes water is the best but sometimes I want some flavor and color.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy drinking plain water.  Guess I'm lucky in that respect.  No soda or sweetened or caffeinated stuff for me.

Super Contributor

I agree with the Magnesium oil, except I make my own, much cheaper.

I buy Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes, and mix them 1/2 and 1/2 with distilled water, then put in a colored glass bottle. Not sure if that's necessary, but it's how I've always done it. Very relaxing, and a very good way to get the magnesium you need.

You can warm the water, but not m/w it. I don't bother, just let it sit on the counter for a bit.

I have neck problems, and always spray some around it after a shower, as well as down my lower back, where I also have issues. Use it on my chest, too, as it's supposedly helpful for good health in that area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This might be a nice alternative to sugary fruit drinks. These infusion pitchers can be found in most retailers for around $20.  The liquid you add doesn't have to be just water. It can be tea or whatever you like.

download.jpg