New Contributor

Leah looks amazing. What is the secret and what challenges did you over come to make the change.  I'm struggling here and its getting harder to find my motivation.  Diagnoise with early breast cancer being a caregiver to elder parent in a nursing home. I feel I'm coming to the end of the rope. How'd you lose the weight.

Esteemed Contributor

Why not message her on FB ?

New Contributor

good idea

Honored Contributor

@Cookie88 wrote:

Leah looks amazing. What is the secret and what challenges did you over come to make the change.  I'm struggling here and its getting harder to find my motivation.  Diagnoise with early breast cancer being a caregiver to elder parent in a nursing home. I feel I'm coming to the end of the rope. How'd you lose the weight.

@Cookie88  I do not think there are any "secrets" to losing the weight you need to lose to feel better.  You just must WANT to lose the weight.  Want that more  than  the foods that taste so good...more than sitting watching TV.  You must want to lose  for YOU and nothing else. Everyone knows what to eat and not to eat.  It is just eating right and  Sticking with it. Not giving in when feeling down or stressed out.  No excuses. 

You may may need a weight loss support group to stay on track.  Also a group of Women you can walk with...

I am sure Leah would tell you she is eating right and moving more....and there is no secret to her weight loss.  Even those who have weigh loss surgery must watch what they eat and move more.  

Esteemed Contributor

You hit the nail on the head, @SeaMaiden, when you said that a person has to want to lose weight more than they want to put that food in their mouth.  I have always said this, but my DH always counters with, "that is easy for you. You have willpower."  I guess you might call it that.  I do not want to become overweight so I am careful about how much I eat and I keep an eye on the scales.  I can usually guess my weight before even stepping on them by the way I look or how my clothes feel.  My DH also says that if a person really loves food and enjoys eating, it is a hard thing to cut back on.  This describes him.  He says he loves the whole eating experience.......I guess I don't. 

He recently lost 25 pounds just by cutting down on portion size and also eliminating the "junk".  He also stepped up his activity.  As you said, that is the answer to weight loss.  It is simple, but not that easy.  If it was, everyone that wanted to be thin would be. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  Everything you said SO TRUE!

Super Contributor

@Cookie88 Welcome and sorry you are struggling. Being diagnosed with breast cancer and caregiving are each stressful on their own. To be dealing with both at the same time has to be extra hard. I dealt with breast cancer about 12 years ago so I know it is rough. I also took care of elderly parents more recently so I know that is hard as well. It probably is a hard time for you to lose weight but anything you can do to eat healthy and move more should help with the stress too. I wish you well and take care!