Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the update on both of you, John.  Nice to hear things are improving slowly.  Continued prayers that you and Cindy get better and better. 

Valued Contributor

Glad to see the positive update @hckynut. Your devotion to each other and to your furry family is sweet and touching.❤️ Hoping for continued good updates for Cindy and you.

Regular Contributor

Wonderful news! continued prayers for the both of you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hckynut, How's Cindy?

[ Edited ]

hckynut wrote:

@fortune @Tinkrbl44 @birdmama

Thank you all for asking. She is doing better and is no longer experiencing internal bleeding. We both had appointments with our Hematologist last Friday to have blood drawn for Hemaglobin readings/B-12 shots, and a Ferritin draw for myself. Her Hemoglobin reading came back at 9.9, which has moved up .2 which is good news.

My Ferrintin came back very low and I had an Iron Infusion last Tuesday. I now only get half the amount of Iron/a different type of Iron, and have to go back this coming Tuesday to get the 2nd half Infused. This is a result of my having Anaphylactic Shock during one of my past Infusions. I won't forget that experience, and neither will the nurses I know pretty well.

Rushed to ER from Procedure Center and pumped quickly with IV fluids/Epinephrine and Albuterol. Spent 2 days in hospital with that issue. With my Colon bleed last April, that more than likely was the cause of my low Ferritin.

Cindy goes in Monday to get another Hemoglobin blood draw at our Hematologist. Hopefully that reading will go up, even if just a little bit, which will certainly make her feel stronger. Right now I am trying to coax her into doing less until she regains some more strength back. Not an easy task.

Thank all of you so much for asking about her, she and I very much appreciate your concern/prayers and thoughts for both of us.

hckynut(john)

I'm glad to see this hopeful update, @hckynut!   My gosh, you and Cindy have had your share (maybe more than your share) of challenges.   I continue to keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.❤️   So thoughtful of you, @fortune, to start this thread.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reports, I have been wondering. Sometimes when it rains it pours. Praying you will both get to feeling and doing better soon.  Sounds like you are both on the way. Sometimes it comes in "baby steps"....but better is good!  Continued prayers went up for you today.  God bless you!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@hckynut

Just a touch of irony when it comes to medical people.  I speak as a person who has danced along anemia's edge my entire life.

A person is diagnosed with a shortage of something in the blood and doctors do nothing but draw blood, lol.

I think hospital labs are run by vampires!  The never ending blood draws...it sucks!!  Hahahahaha...

Regular Contributor

@hckynut

Glad to hear Cindy is on the mend! Continued prayers & best wishes for both of you.