Respected Contributor

John, haven't heard from you for a few days.  How's Cindy doing?

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn

@hckynut

Covering all bases - we have an inquiry here John :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@fortune

Thanks for asking him  .... I was meaning to ask John and always remembered when I was nowhere near my computer!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hckynut, How's Cindy?

[ Edited ]

@fortune wrote:

@fortune @Tinkrbl44 @Bird mama

Thank you all for asking. She is doing better and is no longer experiencing internal bleeding. We both had appointments with our Hematologist last Friday to have blood drawn for Hemaglobin readings/B-12 shots, and a Ferritin draw for myself. Her Hemoglobin reading came back at 9.9, which has moved up .2 which is good news.

My Ferrintin came back very low and I had an Iron Infusion last Tuesday. I now only get half the amount of Iron/a different type of Iron, and have to go back this coming Tuesday to get the 2nd half Infused. This is a result of my having Anaphylactic Shock during one of my past Infusions. I won't forget that experience, and neither will the nurses I know pretty well.

Rushed to ER from Procedure Center and pumped quickly with IV fluids/Epinephrine and Albuterol. Spent 2 days in hospital with that issue. With my Colon bleed last April, that more than likely was the cause of my low Ferritin.

Cindy goes in Monday to get another Hemoglobin blood draw at our Hematologist. Hopefully that reading will go up, even if just a little bit, which will certainly make her feel stronger. Right now I am trying to coax her into doing less until she regains some more strength back. Not an easy task.

Thank all of you so much for asking about her, she and I very much appreciate your concern/prayers and thoughts for both of us.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut

Just a touch of irony when it comes to medical people.  I speak as a person who has danced along anemia's edge my entire life.

A person is diagnosed with a shortage of something in the blood and doctors do nothing but draw blood, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

John and Cindy,

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@hckynut

Just a touch of irony when it comes to medical people.  I speak as a person who has danced along anemia's edge my entire life.

A person is diagnosed with a shortage of something in the blood and doctors do nothing but draw blood, lol.

@Bird mama

And then there is me. Before each Iron Infusion I am asked by my well known nurses. Do you have any allergies? My answer is, yes, Iron. Yep, now that is indeed irony.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

that's good news! striving for good health as turned out to be a full time job, for both of you. stay well.

Regular Contributor

Hi John, I'm so glad that Cindy has improved. I wish you and Cindy continued improvement and peace of mind. It is inspiring to read of Cindy,s and your devotion to each other.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut - Thanks for the update, John. I'm glad Cindy is improving. I'm keeping you both in my prayers.