Regular Contributor

Having cataract surgery tomorrow. A little nervous.

The doctor decided to do both of them at the same time. I am one who likes to get things over with but I'm a little nervous about the recovery. I am scared and excited at the same time. Robin

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Having cataract surgery tomorrow. A little nervous.

I had it done two years ago, one eye at a time.  It really is quick and easy.  I had lens put in so I could see without contacts or glasses.  It really is like a miracle.  I had worn glasses since 2nd grade.

I did have to cover my eye at night, and put drops in for about two weeks.

You will be fine and will love the results, I am sure.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Regular Contributor

I had both eyes done last Spring but mine were done a few weeks apart.  No need to worry, it's over in no time and there's no pain or even discomfort afterwards.  The worst part is the eye drops get to be a nuisance.  My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Robin1869 

I'm with you. When I decide to do my cataracts, I would love to get both done at the same time. Gotta see what my doctor says about it though. Good luck. Let us know!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Hello, @Robin1869  I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery.

Honored Contributor

I hope your surgery goes well.  I had mine done, one at a time, about 3 weeks apart.  My first one did not turn out that well so I was glad that I only had one done.  The second one had no issues.  I was awake all during both.  The first one was corrected quite easily with a laser "shot," one=and=done.

Respected Contributor

@Robin1869 wrote:

The doctor decided to do both of them at the same time. I am one who likes to get things over with but I'm a little nervous about the recovery. I am scared and excited at the same time. Robin

DON'T WORRY NOTHING TO IT. you will feel nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't worry!  I worried and was so scared.... all for nothing.  I had both eyes done a few weeks apart last year.  It was totally painless. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I was scared too...over nothing.  It didn't hurt at all.

The next morning my DH drove me to the doctor's office for an eye check-up.  All looked okay, so I drove myself to work afterward. My job required me to do a lot of reading and I had no issues.

The worse part for me was sleeping at night.  I sleep on my side with my face on my arm...a big no no.  I had to tape a plastic eye protector over my eye for protection to sleep for about a week.

Respected Contributor

It's easy peasy, really no recovery time.  I was in the recovery room about 30 minutes and got up and went home.  The results were immediate and amazing.  This surgery just keeps getting easier and better each year.  There's so many options available now days.

The surgery takes about 20 minutes each eye under a twilight sleep.  There's no pain.

You will be fine and will love the results.