Honored Contributor

Re: Have you tried Daily Harvest Smoothies?

Just googled...lots a sugar in those smoothies.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Is it added sugar or the fruits in it ? i was looking on website and i didn't see sugar as ingredient.  I will check back , as i am interested in some of the products. Expensive , but when you start buying organic , it adds up , and all the prep. I might give it a trial run and see if it will be worth it.

Super Contributor

GURL... Please make your own.  Cost way too much.  Get a good blender and do it.  YAS ! ! !

Esteemed Contributor

I did it for a good year I think. I really liked the ease and variety.  Mostly organic. There are even more choices now.

When I was making my own there was a lot of time & waste. When I bought my own ingredients fresh or frozen I'd get bored. Fresh would spoil & frozen would get freezer burn.

I found I didn't like bananas in smoothie. Too sweet, revved up my appetite too much.  I kept lists, which I liked best, least, what each one was supposed to "be for" (digestive, energy etc).

I stopped mostly because it took up a huge amount of space in my deep freezer. To get a good "price per" buying the big quanity is best.

Honored Contributor

Would not want smoothies, but those bowls, and soups look interesting ,if any one tried them ,would like to know,i hate most everything in grocery store frozen meals ,too much salt.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I checked the website once and thought it was expensive for cups and containers of frozen fruits and vegetables.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Is it added sugar or the fruits in it ? i was looking on website and i didn't see sugar as ingredient.  I will check back , as i am interested in some of the products. Expensive , but when you start buying organic , it adds up , and all the prep. I might give it a trial run and see if it will be worth it.

@MW in Iowa @No added sugar. The sugars are only derived from the natural fruit in them.

Honored Contributor

Fruit has a lot of sugar. DIabetic servings for fruit are not very much. If not diabetic then eat away.

Honored Contributor

What I meant were portion sizes. I think banana is 1/2 .

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just ordered a month of varieties because of the post here. Yes they are expensive , but i am anxious to see what i think . I did save $25 off first order , then decide if i want to move forward. You could make smoothies for less for sure , but trying to get all of the fresh ingredients would be hard this time of year . I ordered flatbreads , smoothies, harvest bowls, chia bowls , and even their almond milk comes in cubes only 3 ingredients , no fillers. Free shipping all the time, i know they make up for it in prices , but it helps.