Frequent Contributor

Re: Have you or anyone close to you gotten virus

I know someone personally who has been tested but no results as yet.  Also, a pastor and his wife in my town both tested positive and are in self-quarantine.

Honored Contributor

Another question I have is....are the people who have gotten thisvirus  recently, people being VERY CAREFUL....Staying home....and only going out maybe once a week to the store IF THAT

....using sanitizing stuff....wearing a mask.... bla bla bla....

If that is the case that they were being VERY CAREFUL....I guess none of us are going to make it .

Valued Contributor

One of my neighbor's bf has it. He's in intensive care..she's staying in. I saw one of her brothers walking her dogs this morning. She has several family members living here. I pray no one else gets it. The good thing..its been a couple weeks since this happened.

Valued Contributor

My mother-in-law is a resident in a nursing home and we got a call today that her temp is 101 and her oxygination is low, so they will test her for the virus. We are very upset as she is 94 years old and an ex-smoker. Turns out two other residents tested positive last week and are in isolation. This virus spreads like wildfire. No use in taking her to a hospital--we prefer she stay in the nursing home and be treated as best they can there. She will have no chance to survive in a hospital. Hospitals are at their breaking point and my niece and sister-in-law, who are both RN's, said she is better off staying where she is. Of course, we are not 100% sure she has the virus, but the odds are that she does.

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom. Sharing your feelings in almost exactly the same situation. My LO is 91, coughing and diarrhea last Friday but at the time, no temperature. They tested but told me it would be this week before we'd know.

The staff is stretched so thin that I hate to use the phone, but I just emailed them, figuring that I'd rather somebody send me something when they could rather than bothering with a ringing phone.

I also asked that she be kept "home". I could never stand for her to be intubated, and I have her legal request NOT to have it done, but she might not be considered anyway because of her age.

Please except my prayers and hopes. 

Trusted Contributor

No thank God. My mother lives in a senior citizen’s apartment building. She’s 92 and very frail. I am praying there isn’t anyone in her building who tests positive. I am no longer able to go visit and she won’t leave her apartment. I will be so happy when this is over. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My cousin in NY has it. She had to be rushed to the hospital last night. She tested positive. She now also has pneumonia. She is on oxygen. I pray she begins to recover. She started having symptoms over a week ago. Her doctor had a video call with her and told her she probably had it.  To rest have fluids. She just kept getting worse. 
We are hoping now she has turned a corner and the oxygen easing the shortness of breath. 
She followed every guideline from the Gov. we were keeping count on how long we had all been in our homes. She had been home over 20 days when she got it. 

Respected Contributor

The reason very few are actually tested positive is because the US has insufficient test kits!  Among other poorly managed supplies.  All the doctors and CDC say until we have adequate test kits, we will not get through this-  

Honored Contributor

I learned over the weekend from my nephew that my sister has been diagnosed with the Coronavirus.   

She is 74, has advanced Alzheimer's and lives in an assisted living community - and had been doing really well there.  She has no other physical/medical/health issues - so we are hoping that she comes through this okay.

Valued Contributor

The wife of a close couple to us was very sick early on before the strict measures came out. She was visiting her married daughter across the country and both she and daughter tested positve and were VERY sick but are mostly recovered now. Sadly, her 90 year old mother died in the midst of it all and our friend and her daughter were unable to be at her side during her final hours or attend the funeral service.