Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you or anyone close to you gotten virus

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

I just find it very, very strange that no one knows anyone personally that has been officially tested positive for this virus. Woman Frustrated

I know people who tested positive. 

One passed away last week.  The others are doing fine.

Respected Contributor

wow so far no one & we have family in pa. & nj. my DD has fiance's sister she is assit dr works with hasmatt suit 7 days work 7days off. learning everyday more cases in az. she has alot going on. The family loves dinners & that seem to stop with her job. I even went over to DD supply food but stood in diveway she was in her garage open door told her step away. Went for take out at Mom & Pop bbq even he said I know no one who has it. Well maybe we don't know right now but in my town less traffic, less people doing our part, I know no one but next week could be a different story. Just got to stay inside or try to do small trips keep safe. 

Frequent Contributor

My son a NYC ED RN tested positive this week. He is home with his family now and will be tested on Friday again. If negative this time he will go back to work.

Honored Contributor

@embgm wrote:

Fighting the VirusThis is my niece working in ICU where all her patients have the virus. So I am affected by both sides of this virus. Worried about ones that are battling the virus from different sides of the bed!

The machines are all monitored from the hallway so the number of times they have to enter the rooms is less . 

@embgm I'm pretty sure that I saw this person on television yesterday. Was she on TV?

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My daughter did have the virus.  Just getting over the residual effects.

She, her boyfriend and another couple visiting all got the virus.

They all got the virus at a ski resort in Colorado.

The friend that was celebrating her engagement is a virologist.  By the time they got back home she knew immediately she had it (she and her fiance live in Arlington).

It affected my daughter's boyfriend way less than it did the other three.  They are  young adults (around 39) and in extremely good health and athletically fit (they ski every weekend, etc).

There was never any worry about them needing a respirator and they all stayed at home.

Other than that, I don't know anyone and the family and friends and so on and so on none of them have it or even knows anyone who has it.

Of course though no one I know lives in New York, New Jersey, California or any places called 'hot spots'.

My niece is an RN at a hospital in West Virginia.  She said no one in the hospital has it.

Another two nieces at other hospitals in the Virginia area who are RN's don't have any patients who have it.

Wow they were very lucky and blessed

I just watched the news showing a 29 year old VA who had to be hospitalized and was in the hospital for weeks!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

I have a distant cousin who died.

I don't know all the details

I do know this, he went to the hospital and was sent home

Then he got worst called an ambulance a few days later

Was admitted and died.

I don't know his medical history

I watched several interesting video on YouTube

One - You tube called Asian Boss - explains Korea experience with leading doctor

Then a second video which explain why overweight people -- like me --- supposedly will suffer more.

Dr DID VUONG -- several videos

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's possible that I may have had a mild case of it back in February, but I don't have a lot of confidence in what the probability of that is. 

I was very sick on and off for 2.5-3 weeks, with many of the symptoms. I'd feel better one day and then awful the next. I went to prompt care and tested negative for flu. They told me that it was just an "uber respiratory virus" that was going around that would run it's course in about 3 weeks. It did. I've been fine since the last week in February.

I've since been contacted and asked if I'd be willing to be tested to see if I have anti-bodies for the virus. I said yes - as long as it's not on my dime. That's been the end of the conversation. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@embgm wrote:

Fighting the VirusThis is my niece working in ICU where all her patients have the virus. So I am affected by both sides of this virus. Worried about ones that are battling the virus from different sides of the bed!

The machines are all monitored from the hallway so the number of times they have to enter the rooms is less . 

@embgm I'm pretty sure that I saw this person on television yesterday. Was she on TV. 

As far as I know she wasn't on TV. However she works in a major hospital that has many ,many cases of the virus so anything is possible.

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

It's possible that I may have had a mild case of it back in February, but I don't have a lot of confidence in what the probability of that is. 

I was very sick on and off for 2.5-3 weeks, with many of the symptoms. I'd feel better one day and then awful the next. I went to prompt care and tested negative for flu. They told me that it was just an "uber respiratory virus" that was going around that would run it's course in about 3 weeks. It did. I've been fine since the last week in February.

I've since been contacted and asked if I'd be willing to be tested to see if I have anti-bodies for the virus. I said yes - as long as it's not on my dime. That's been the end of the conversation. 

@FrostyBabe1   Perhaps your insurance would pay for it.  It may be something that could help find a vaccine or at least help with finding a cure/treatment.  You may want to rethink this.  It could be a very good thing that would help many, many people.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1   Perhaps your insurance would pay for it.  It may be something that could help find a vaccine or at least help with finding a cure/treatment.  You may want to rethink this.  It could be a very good thing that would help many, many people.

No, my insurance will NOT pay for it. They only pay for the diagnostic test while you're sick. Any treatment or follow-up is subject to whatever co-pays and cost sharing of my policy, so it'd be 100% out of my pocket. And there's absolutely no research that's going to come out of the hospital system in my town. There's already been a bunch of celebrities who've announced that they're going to be tested for the anti-bodies so I'm hanging on to my money. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~