Trusted Contributor

Have you or anyone close to you gotten virus

Assume got tested (sister n law said she has it but not tested believe ?đź‘Ž)
Symptoms
Recovery
Any information appreciated
Honored Contributor

Re: Have you or anyone close to you gotten virus

[ Edited ]

@springers  It seems to vary for everyone.  Just seeing interviews of those who had it all seemed different.  Some said symptoms seemed to go away after a few days then fever came back while others said just like a mild cold and then others needed hospitilized after several days.

Honored Contributor

Nope!  There is NO testing in my neck of the woods.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Not anyone I'm close to, but a couple of people I know, yes.

Symptoms vary, although everyone I know of personally go against the statistics: all are male, between the ages of 40-50, and in otherwise good health (without any underlying health concerns).

It seems to wax and wane, all have thought the first few days they had mild cases. Then they felt better, only to relapse a few days after that.  That's where it seems to get tricky.  At that point it can either get worse, with the trademark chest pains and difficult breathing, or remain rather mild.

However, all have remained at home without any hospitalization and are now in the process of recovery.

Honored Contributor

Yes. I posted on another thread about this. A couple from one of the churches in town tested positive. All I know about them. Husbands friends tested positive. One isolating at home. One died. Another couple tested positive but haven’t heard the latest with them either. Problem is some belong to the clubs in town and who knows how many they came in contact with before testing positive.

Esteemed Contributor

I am wondering if any have come off a ventilator and recovered.

I don't know anyone that has tested positive or has symptoms.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

My daughter did have the virus.  Just getting over the residual effects.

She, her boyfriend and another couple visiting all got the virus.

They all got the virus at a ski resort in Colorado.

The friend that was celebrating her engagement is a virologist.  By the time they got back home she knew immediately she had it (she and her fiance live in Arlington).

It affected my daughter's boyfriend way less than it did the other three.  They are  young adults (around 39) and in extremely good health and athletically fit (they ski every weekend, etc).

There was never any worry about them needing a respirator and they all stayed at home.

Other than that, I don't know anyone and the family and friends and so on and so on none of them have it or even knows anyone who has it.

Of course though no one I know lives in New York, New Jersey, California or any places called 'hot spots'.

My niece is an RN at a hospital in West Virginia.  She said no one in the hospital has it.

Another two nieces at other hospitals in the Virginia area who are RN's don't have any patients who have it.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Did all four of them actually test positive for the virus, or did the friend diagnos them because of the symptoms?  Just wondering if they are included in the numbers being reported.  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My daughter did have the virus.  Just getting over the residual effects.

She, her boyfriend and another couple visiting all got the virus.

They all got the virus at a ski resort in Colorado.

The friend that was celebrating her engagement is a virologist.  By the time they got back home she knew immediately she had it (she and her fiance live in Arlington).

It affected my daughter's boyfriend way less than it did the other three.  They are  young adults (around 39) and in extremely good health and athletically fit (they ski every weekend, etc).

There was never any worry about them needing a respirator and they all stayed at home.

Other than that, I don't know anyone and the family and friends and so on and so on none of them have it or even knows anyone who has it.

Of course though no one I know lives in New York, New Jersey, California or any places called 'hot spots'.

My niece is an RN at a hospital in West Virginia.  She said no one in the hospital has it.

Another two nieces at other hospitals in the Virginia area who are RN's don't have any patients who have it.

@Annabellethecat66 

So your daughter got tested?

The ONLY way to know 100% for sure that she had the virus is to get tested!

Otherwise, you are just assuming that she had it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I just find it very, very strange that no one knows anyone personally that has been officially tested positive for this virus. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"