Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you or anyone close to you gotten virus

@Texasmouse   I am so sorry to read this.  Are you showing symptoms?  What is the course of action prescribed for you?  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My 96yo mother was diagnosed in the Nursing Home on Monday and passed on Tuesday night.

My daughter in laws father got a fever on Monday and he and his wife went for testing and she had the antibody so that cold she thought she had in March was Covid and he tested positive.   Other than a fever he is doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Valstybaby   I sorry for the loss of your mother.  It is never easy to lose our mother.  I am happy that your DIL's parents are holding their own.

Take care~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Valstybaby   I sorry for the loss of your mother.  It is never easy to lose our mother.  I am happy that your DIL's parents are holding their own.

Take care~

Thank you.  Skyped with her at 4pm on Tuesday and I don't think she was aware but she was very peaceful and that's all I could ask.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, a good GF of mine and her husband both tested positive for coronavirus. She recovered, her husband who was a gentle soul passed almost a week ago. He spent two weeks on a ventilator. We can't even get together and celebrate the life of this wonderful man.

It's just really sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I just find it very, very strange that no one knows anyone personally that has been officially tested positive for this virus. Woman Frustrated

@ID2 

Obviously you have not had a chance to read though the thread. Since you have such a cavalier attitude towards this disease let's all continue to pray that you and none of your loved ones are affected, as so many others have been. 

Esteemed Contributor

@springers wrote:
Sorry to everyone who has experienced this personally. My heart goes out to all. I thought this being a diverse forum, geographically and age we would get some responses.
Living in San Diego I don’t know anyone. There is a county map, it gives numbers within cities.
Alone Together

@springers 

I don't personally know this person but one of the gentlemen in my Lifestudy group has a Uncle from San Diego who is recovering from the Coronavirus. He had to be hospitalized. 

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Texasmouse   I am so sorry to read this.  Are you showing symptoms?  What is the course of action prescribed for you?  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

@tends2dogs I started having symptoms that I interpreted as either allergies or the onset of a cold about 10 days ago. At my husband's urging, I went to the doctor last Monday and when I told him I had lost my ability to smell and taste, he sent me to get tested because he said those symptoms were coming up more and more as indicative of having the virus. Sure enough, he was right. Other than some mild congestion and a bit of a cough, I have a mild case of diarrhea but the worst symptom to me is not being able to taste my food!

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. 

Honored Contributor

Holding you and your mom in our thoughts. Stay safe.

@Valstybaby wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Take care~

Thank you.  Skyped with her at 4pm on Tuesday and I don't think she was aware but she was very peaceful and that's all I could ask.

Trusted Contributor

These stories are so very sad to hear! I wish everyone strength and peace as we move through this nightmare that we used to call life. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.😷🙏