Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you or anyone close to you gotten virus

@willdob3, awww, thanks so much! I'm not sure if I am more nervous about it being corona virus or cardiac related! Neither is a good option, that's for sure! I just want an end to these constant palpitations! It's very, very uncomfortable to have this constant fluttering, flopping around feeling in my chest and the coughing just makes it worse!
I really appreciate your kind words and prayers!
Honored Contributor

@hooked on books -

I hope you will be ok too!Heart🙏🏻

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay, thanks so much for your kind support!
Honored Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
@willdob3, awww, thanks so much! I'm not sure if I am more nervous about it being corona virus or cardiac related! Neither is a good option, that's for sure! I just want an end to these constant palpitations! It's very, very uncomfortable to have this constant fluttering, flopping around feeling in my chest and the coughing just makes it worse!
I really appreciate your kind words and prayers!

@hooked on books 

I can’t imagine; either way is a hard road. I hope you have your answer soon so you can get the proper treatment and start healing.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz -

There have been reports of false negatives from the tests unfortunately, so good advice to quarantine for 14 days. Though some say the virus can remain for20-30 days after symptoms.

A nurse here who questions patients with the virus said some of the antibody tests show a person did not have the virus when they had tested positive and did have the virus.

What a mess!

I hope your sil will be ok.

We stayed away from both daughters for 14 days when they had a respiratory infection. They hadn't been tested (very difficult to get a test!) but quarantined themselves to be on the safe side.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Late to this thread.

My co-worker and husband have it and have had it basically since I last saw her 4+ weeks ago (by math, she didn’t have it last I saw her, but it’s pretty close.)

Hubby got it first and has a serious underlying condition; he was actually the 2nd person I worried most about getting it (mom #1, obviously!) He waited a week and finally went to the hospital where he’s been ever since. A few rough days but was about to be released over the weekend. But, they found blood clots - which is apparently very common. He’s not going anywhere because they can’t confirm he will make it. Before he comes home now, he’ll have to go to rehab first. And, when he does eventually go home, he’ll have to be on oxygen for a long time.

My coworker is finally getting over her fever. She had a break once before, but the fever came back. So, hopefully it’s broken now. She’s in quarantine at home (and I admit I’ve put her to work as there are some things that need her to do. 🙁) She actually was never tested because it was assumed after her husband was tested positive.

UPDATE:  Good news (hopefully). Apparently, hubby isn't being a very good patient and is really pushing to go home.  So, with the blessings of the doctors and proper precautions, hubby will be coming home tomorrow!!  I'm a little confused by the details - apparently it was quite sudden and my coworker was quite busy talking to people and getting the house ready.  I don't know if he will still be going to rehab or just all at home.  The hospital where he was going to go for that wanted him to come after he was released, but I guess that meant potentially another 8 weeks in the hospital and he wanted to go home first.  Will take a long time for the clots to go away.  Really hoping all goes well for both of them - they are just good people who raised a beautiful family!

Respected Contributor

I've not been tested but weeks ago I started having this very irritated feeling in my upper chest, my voice got very raspy, I felt malaise.  I was like that for two weeks and finally it began to go away.  It's now gone.  Don't know what it was.  I DO have a very strong immune system though.  I usually don't get colds.  I have gone years without any colds or flu so I don't really know....

Trusted Contributor

My son is a airline pilot and knows four pilots who had the virus. Two are okay now, the other two died. Our councilman's mother just died from the virus.  She did not live here in Az, but in New Jersey.  They do not know how she got it since she did not leave her home.

My boyfriend and I were afraid we had the virus a month ago, but tested negative.  There are other viruses going around as well.  I was so relieved because my boyfriend has asthma and had Valley Fever with complications last year that lasted a few months.  He is 68 and I am 71 years old.

We seldom go out anywhere and when we have to we wear a mask and gloves and sanitize everything!  However, if our medical personnel with all of the stuff they wear and do for protection still get sick it appears this virus can still attack us. 

Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

Airline update,

The department where my husband did work, 21 co-workers (so far) have tested positive.

These are younger healthy guys and gals 30's, 40's, and 50's.

Have not heard if any had any underlying ailments.

Not many flying.  Soon that airline from here, a hub, will go from almost 300 flights a day to 27 -50 a day.

His last day was April 1.

@shoppersince1989   Are these flight attendants that you are speaking of?  My daughter is a flight attendant.  She hasn't flown for a couple weeks, but is scheduled to fly next week.  This is scary.  Did the airlines do the testing?  

Hi, Ground crew in PHX.  It's now over 40, just in this location.  The flt attendants are over 100.   

If she flies for UA I think I saw today, that the flt attendants were going to wear masks.

I'm surprised there are some passengers.

We were thinking that the airlines could possibly be more cargo carriers than passenger carriers - for now.

I wish her good health.

Esteemed Contributor

Interestingly, I just sent my Internist a status update via MyChart, indicating that I had had an epidural on December 23 and that my intake nurse (not wearing a mask) had coughed and coughed and coughed at me from every conceivable angle the entire time she was with me, which was NOT for a measly few minutes.  2 days later on Christmas morning, I woke up sick as a dog and was as such for 2.5 weeks.

Long story short, though my internist indicated this morning that 12/25 is a tic early for CoVid, she wants me tested for antibodies, once the test is available in Oregon (which is where we are).  I wouldn't be surprised, as I'm in the camp which believe September is more likely the go-date for CoVid-19 than December in Wuhan..