Occasional Contributor

Re: Have you had a flu shot yet?

Yes, got it this past weekend at CVS and didn't need an appointment. 

Occasional Contributor

lol.. I'm 73 years old and for years I took the flu shot and each year I would get a bad case of the flu. Thirty two years ago I stopped getting the flu shot and haven't had the flu since!

Occasional Contributor

Hi, have you or anyone got side effects from the pneumonia shot?

Respected Contributor

My husband and I had our flu shots at Walgreens yesterday.  With the pharmacist having to do scripts along with the Covid vaccinations and Covid tests and flu shots the pharmacy was very busy and our wait was very long.  

Everyone was masked up and the seating was spaced far apart so we weren't too concerned. We did however keep our distance from the others in the pharmacy.

The pharmacist apologized for the delay and said that this particular Walgreens was going to bring in a second pharmacist in a week or so to help with all of the extra vaccinations.  

We've been getting our annual flu vaccinations for over 20 years. I've never been afraid and neither of us have ever gotten sick from a vaccination.  I don't believe that either of us have even had much of a sore arm.  

Both of us did have a reaction to our second Moderna vaccine.  I felt a little worse than my husband.  I felt fatigued and had a headache and no appetite the day following our Covid vaccine.  It only lasted for a day and then I was completely back to normal.

Honored Contributor

have never had a flu shot and i dont believe i have ever had the flu.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

It is over 65 in Texas for the vaccine....supposedly now, but none of the pharmacies are giving it except for immunosuppressed people. We will be the next group...

Trusted Contributor

I spent two weeks in the hospital with the flu many years ago. The sickest I can ever recall.  Since then, I get a flu shot every year and have had no more flu, just maybe a sore arm for a few hours. Well worth it to me. 

Trusted Contributor

We usually wait until middle of October also but will get it early this year due to getting the booster....just going by what my PCP is advising. 

Honored Contributor

Had both pneumonia shots with no side effects @Perceptions1.

Honored Contributor

I took my flu shot on September 1st.  

@Carmie 

For several years now, local doctors have the flu vaccine available by September, and offer it to patients at their appts.   There is no mention of it's too soon, or the immunity will wear off before the season is over.   WV hits peak flu season between February and April.    Providers often give second flu shots to their most at risk patients if it's a bad year for influenza.