Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever craved a certain food and then realized it was just what you needed?!

@on the bay

Most people mistakenly think all cravings are caused by eating junk foods/sugar. A lot of cravings are caused when we are deficient in a specific nutrient. It is how the body gets us to eat what we need. And, yes, I’ve experienced it before.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever craved a certain food and then realized it was just what you needed?!

(thread title only)

Nope!

hn

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a  crave and eat a large platter of spaghetti and meatballs 4 times per week for dinner.

What I eat is:

1 pound of cooked spaghetti pasta.

1 pound of sautéed ground sirloin.

2 sautéed onions.

32 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce.

20 oz. of grated cheese.

8 oz. jar of green olives.

I feel very full and It satisfies my crave  after eating a large platter of my spaghetti and meatballs.   I have a bottle of red wine with my dinner..

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

I have a  crave and eat a large platter of spaghetti and meatballs 4 times per week for dinner.

What I eat is:

1 pound of cooked spaghetti pasta.

1 pound of sautéed ground sirloin.

2 sautéed onions.

32 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce.

20 oz. of grated cheese.

8 oz. jar of green olives.

I feel very full and It satisfies my crave  after eating a large platter of my spaghetti and meatballs.   I have a bottle of red wine with my dinner..

All in one sitting??? LOL.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

My own meat loaf baked with a crusty top, with mashed potatoes and gravy.  Haven't had it in probably over 20 years.  One of these days, I'm going to find a way to get a quarter pound of lean chopped beef, and my favorite stuffing mix (cornbread) and eggs and bake a little meatloaf in my countertop oven, grab some ketchup and worcestershire sauce on the way and sneak it all into my bedroom and have a feast!!

I just had meat loaf at a local restaurant this week and it was delicious, I could not have made it better if I cooked it myself. I can't say I have cravings because if I'm hungry for something I make it or go out for it. I don't eat much of anything at one time so I eat what I like, healthy or not.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know what is in McDonald's shakes, but they don't call them milkshakes....just shakes....and if you leave one sitting out until it is warm you will have a cup of oil....nothing else. Ewww!

Honored Contributor

Can't remember having a "craving" for any type of food for years.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@on the bay  Nope.  I rarely have cravings...my nutritional needs are met.  I think you are right, our body does tell us what we need....amazing!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I crave a tossed salad. Any other cravings are for things that are bad for me, like potato chips.

Trusted Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

7034692_orig.jpg

I would rather pay the farmer than the Pharmacist!