Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever craved a certain food and then realized it was just what you needed?!

There are  a lot of things I would love to eat. However, I must be extremely careful, so I just wish upon a star

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever craved a certain food and then realized it was just what you needed?!

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@LilacTree

I haven’t had homemade meat loaf in years either.  It sounds delicious!

@geezerette

Hate to say it, but mine was delicious.  My SO used to call it "gourmet meatloaf!"  Secret is plenty of water (or liquid broth) in the mix.  Just enough so it can still be formed. 

Meatballs should be made the same way.  Too many eggs will make them chewy and hard instead of "melt in your mouth."  And I always tossed them raw into the homemade sauce, never cooked them first. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

There are  a lot of things I would love to eat. However, I must be extremely careful, so I just wish upon a star

@cherry

I know cherry.  Me too, for different reasons.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay

I crave chocolate! I actually read an article today that said it helps your eyes. All those years of my Mom telling me to eat my carrots (yuck!) because they were good for my eye. I could have been eating chocolate bars instead! Who knew? 😀

Trusted Contributor

I crave my Mom's beef stew every time I make it. I think, "if only I could have one more taste of it". I know she's probably giggling about that in Heaven, because she knew I'd never paid much attention when she tried to teach me how to cook!

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters-

craving chocolate is a good thing!Heart

On the other hand, a few nights ago my little grandson was still hungry so my daughter said to give him some baby carrots. My other daughter and I were sitting on the couch and started eating some too along with him. Well, we were so hungry, they actually tasted pretty good!

Amazing! And I haven't ever really liked raw carrots before! I guess a lot of things can taste pretty good when I'm really hungry and there is nothing else to eat but carrots!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Yes, I think it is our body's way of telling us what it needs.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...i have cut down on red meats over the years but once in a while i HAVE to have a good steak......... and i feel better after having it!

Honored Contributor

There are no potatoes in McDonald's shakes; not now and not ever.  

Esteemed Contributor

7034692_orig.jpg