Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Tried Expanding Dental Floss? Burst? Cocofloss?

My teeth are so extremely tight, I have to use Glide and narrow "go betweens" at the gum line.  Many times after eating, the tightness is painful.

GUM - 872FC6 Proxabrush Go-Betweens Interdental Brushes, Tight, 10 Count (Pack Of 6)

Honored Contributor

I got my Cocoafloss and Burst on Amazon.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

I added a 3-pack of Cocofloss to my shopping list ($25).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Porcelain 

I added a 3-pack of Cocofloss to my shopping list ($25).

@SurferWife  If you go to the Cocofloss website they offer an Auto Delivery (I'm assuming you can cancel it at anytime) and I think you get to pick 3 flavors for $24.  You might want to check that out too if you're interested in trying different flavors.  I believe they have more of a selection than Amazon.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for tip about adding mouthwash for gum sensitivity.  i can attest that the portable flosser models do not work nearly as well as the one with tank.  Waterpik also recommends cleaning unit with 2 tablespoons white vinegar monthly.  i do this when cleaning coffeemaker.  Be sure to register your purchase.  After quick phone interview, WP replaced unit when it get working.  

i'm going to try cocofloss. @Porcelain Thanks for posting about it.

Respected Contributor

Cocofloss shreddes and has broken between my teeth.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow! I am bigtime into dental care ( since I despise dental work)! My teeth are very close together too, which makes flossing tough, but I love Colgate's floss- Which I don't think they make anymore... 🥺 I've never heard of several of these products mentioned here! But I will try them!  
 I do use Stimu-dent sticks. These were recommended to me by my hygienist, who says they polish away plaque between the teeth. She swears by them! 

Thank you all! 

Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried these but I will be.  Never heard of them but they sound great!  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain No I haven't nor have I heard of them.  However I thought I would give it a try and ordered some Cocofloss on Amazon....yes it is very expensive compared to the usual brands.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

Cocofloss shreddes and has broken between my teeth.

You are right that it can shred even though it is waxed. It's not made of teflon or plastic or whatever Glide is made from. That does make it less cutting to the gums and to the fingers.

I haven't had it shred or fall apart, but I have seen it fray a little. I have had to adapt my flossing method some.

When I use the Burst and Cocofloss between tight teeth, I seesaw it back out gently. It's probably wise to be gentle anyway. And I don't reuse that section to avoid fraying. I move on to the next inch/half inch. I also use the C shape flossing method as best I can.

I have to unspool more of this floss at a time than I used to with Glide. Also, one reason I've always followed my dental routine with a rinse is just in case there might be a floss bit or dislodged food bit somewhere. Haven't noticed any in the sink with this floss and I would certainly see one from the black Burst floss.

@panda1234 Have you tried Dr. Tung's Smart Floss? That seems pretty cool as well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr