Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Taken Turmeric and/or Ginger Capsules?

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks for that info about your ASW supp. But I can see why it may not be doing anything for you. It's not standardized and it doesn't say if it's root sourced or leaf sourced. That makes a big difference. No mention of the withanolides either which should be 2.5% for effectiveness. 

I'm getting my info from Dr. Weil's website about what to look for and dosage.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years ago when my husband had protate cancer he had to take Lupron  shots, and then  high beam radiation  i got him Life extention tumeric that is highly digestable   It helped. He exercised and jogged everday through it all.  He made himself do it.  Exercise helps  with the lupron  anyway, he faired really well.  He noticed his joints were  better and he felt better.   We told te radiologist he was taking it, Dr. said he had just read in a journal the day before they were using tumeric to help combat pain ad fatigue during radiation   For this purpose I believe Tumeric can do wonders.  A couple friends did this as well.  Other issues not so much, also depends on person.   

i cannot take ginger in capsule form  i can eat fresh ginger a bit, or the organic, non dyed ginger in jars.  Most jarred ginger has red dye.  I cannot do that

i took tumeric  as I have RA and othe issues.  I got massive stomach and bowel issues.  I am afraid to take it now.  My daughter swears by it. She is 50.    Takes it everyday

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Please forgive me for going off track with my posts about things not related to turmeric/ginger. I'll stop.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i take tumeric and it has helped my achey knees and ankles. directions say to take 3 per day but i only take 2. I think it schwartz brand from amazon.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take both.  I just received a new brand for the tumeric (Procaps).  I get nauseous alot and the ginger really helps me.  Didn't notice a downside with either. 

At the recommendation of a friend, I started taking Ashwagandha in the evenings. 

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

My derm suggested I take it several years ago for my alopecia (turmeric is supposed to help with inflammation) and it did absolutely nothing for me.  My hair still falls out on a regular basis.