Trusted Contributor

Re: Have You Heard The News About Fiber?

Dear Noel, "Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you pooop!" How's that workin' out for you?
Super Contributor

On 2/18/2015 ritasNo1Fan said: Dear Noel, "Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you pooop!" How's that workin' out for you?

I think it is "the more you toot". {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Tissyanne said: High fiber foods are generally low in calories. I ate a high fiber dinner this evening, and am amazed at how full I feel. It is midnight here. The Full Plate Living is about increasing fiber, and losing weight.
I have lupus and I was really sick and hospitalized a year ago Christmas. I was not active for months and gained weight. I increased my fiber intake and used the WW plan. It worked like a charm! I never felt like I had not had enough to eat Smiley Happy
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 ritasNo1Fan said: Dear Noel, "Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you pooop!" How's that workin' out for you?
I don't know, I rarely eat beans.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 Crisso said:

I think it is "the more you toot". {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I am really L O L ing!
Honored Contributor

Fiber rich foods have been my primary source of fuel for my body for close to 40 years now. Regardless what some say about fiber intake, I know what sources are best for the body I inhabit. XXXXXXXXX-------Noel, thank you for this thread and for those that say "it ain't news"? So what, it is an informative thread for many that visit this forum.
hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Evine Live is selling Boku bars that are supposed to taste like brownies. I of those very healthy bars has 10 grams of fiber. I wanted to order their berry powder, which had many of the berries we usually don't eat, to put into my protein shake but it sold out so fast, I was too late. I'm waiting to see when it comes back in stock. I think the protein shakes are still available. The gentleman vendor who spoke about the products and the ingredients was extremely informative. He said if you're not eating organic chicken, beef or any other meat, you are consuming whatever those animals are eating, such as grass which is treated with pesticides and all the antibiotics they are given. That's why there are so many diseases today. If you're not eating organic, it's really something to think about.
Honored Contributor

"The more you TOOT"- please respect the RHYME SCHEME" LOL
Esteemed Contributor

My grandmother and then my mother used to say..... eat in moderation. By now after all the ups and downs of what is right and what is wrong the more and more I tend to agree with them. One day eggs are really bad... next day... wow.. eggs are really good for you. It goes on and on. I lost 25 pounds by simply eating less, moving more, and NOT OVERDOING MY PASSION.... SWEET STUFF. I even cut out most sugar substitutes since they caused a craving for sugar in my case.

Respected Contributor

On 2/18/2015 hckynut said: Fiber rich foods have been my primary source of fuel for my body for close to 40 years now. Regardless what some say about fiber intake, I know what sources are best for the body I inhabit. XXXXXXXXX-------Noel, thank you for this thread and for those that say "it ain't news"? So what, it is an informative thread for many that visit this forum.

Great point! I am adding a thank you also to Noel. Fiber is a huge part of my diet also but this just reinforces how important. So when I again tell my family how important it is, I'll make it even more of a point. They don't listen ... but I keep trying.