Honored Contributor

Have You Had the Laser Treatment After Cataract Surgery?

I was told I need to have a simple laser treatment after cataract surgery to treat an area behind the lens that has clouded.  I guess it is common and I know people who have had it, I just don't remember who to ask them!  LOL!!!

Have you had it?  I am told I may have floaters for a little while, so was wondering if you had it and had any issues. 

Thanks for commenting!  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Have You Had the Laser Treatment After Cataract Surgery?

@Sooner

I had to have the laser treatment about 7 months after my second cataract surgery. I did have floaters for a few days. I also experienced some blurry vision in the treated eye. Doc said it was just dry eye and suggested a gel eye drop. That did help and I have had no further issues.

reggie

Honored Contributor

Yes, I had that after cataract surgery.  It is fairly common.  No problem....in and out quickly....zap...done!  I did not have floaters or any problems.  Good luck...when it comes to our eyes it is easy to worry.  I am sure it will go well for you.

Honored Contributor

I had it after cataract surgery and it was great.  Up until that time, I was deluged by floaters and burning, painful eyes even with the thousands of dollars I spent each quarter in eye drops to no avail.  Finally, had the laser and it worked like a charm.  It is quick, painless and works perfectly.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I was told I need to have a simple laser treatment after cataract surgery to treat an area behind the lens that has clouded.  I guess it is common and I know people who have had it, I just don't remember who to ask them!  LOL!!!

Have you had it?  I am told I may have floaters for a little while, so was wondering if you had it and had any issues. 

Thanks for commenting!  

@Sooner  It is very common for this to come up after cataract surgery. I had cataract surgery  last January both eyes.  No problems yet for me as far as cloudy vision that I can tell.  

Did you notice the cloudiness...or did the doctor notice it?

Honored Contributor

I had that "surgery" too.

It wasn't really surgery.  I was advised to look into a machine at a red dot light and not blink.  Then the light flashed green and it was all over.

Quick and easy and no pain.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  It is something she sees.  She said it affects my vision probably but happened gradually.  One eye has it more than the other one.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I had that "surgery" too.

It wasn't really surgery.  I was advised to look into a machine at a red dot light and not blink.  Then the light flashed green and it was all over.

Quick and easy and no pain.

@Carmie  That is how surgery is performed with a laser.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie  Thanks so much!  Isn't it nice to hear from someone who has had the experience?  I love you all! 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  @walker  @ReggieRagu  Thanks for sharing your experiences.  I'm one of those who when the dr. says "discomfort" I ask him to define that. . . ha ha.

So heaing your experiences backs up what my opto tells me.  She is a straight shooter, so I didn't doubt her, but you all confirmed all the said.  It's sometimes different from a patient point of view!  LOL!!!