Esteemed Contributor

Have You Ever Used Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade) For Health Benefits?

I have heard about the potential benefits of taking this, but I was just curious if anybody here has used it for health reasons?

What are your opinions on it, and what were your results?

I'm just curious if it is all that it claims to be (better hair, skin, nails, helps the joints and ligiments, cleanse the liver, lower cholesterol, makes one more regular)

TIA!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Used Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade) For Health Benefits?

I am not that venturesome.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819.  I've used  diatomaceous earth to kill insects and slugs in the garden.  I'd never even consider taking it orally.  I remember reading that, if used inside for insects, not to vacuum it up as it will clog up and damage a vacuum cleaner.  Imagine what it could do to human plumbing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can see why it might be beneficial to take it as a supplement because essentially it's mostly silica. Silica has many health benefits which some include the hair, skin, bone and cartilage...basically any tissue made of collagen has building blocks made from silica as part of the fundamental structure of collagen.

I take a plant silica supplement made from bamboo. It has helped me maintain healthy hair and bones. It's a miracle for my Dexascan results!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use it outside to kill roaches and fleas. I have a large yard with trees, a big storage house, squirrels and other critters. It is hot and humid here, a perfect environment for bugs. I would never orally or otherwise ingest diotomaceous earth although I have forty pounds of the food grade stored in a shed in my backyaed. There are hundreds of supplements you could probably safely take that would give you good results.

Esteemed Contributor

You don't "eat" it like say you would eat a spoonful of sugar, or peanut butter.

You are supposed to MIX 1 teaspoon of it in a liquid, such as water, or a smoothie, and DRINK it.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

You don't "eat" it like say you would eat a spoonful of sugar, or peanut butter.

You are supposed to MIX 1 teaspoon of it in a liquid, such as water, or a smoothie, and DRINK it.

Oh I guess my post didn't quite get the right point across so I went back and changed it a bit. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

A friend used it in her water and mixed it thoroughly and drank it three times for one day, then she develped non stop diaharea........it went on........and on.........and on....... to the point that she became disoriented and defecated as she walked all over the house and became severly dehydrated. Then she blacked out, and that is how her son found her.

Her son called 911 and took his Mom to the hospital.  He prayed God would give her the strength to fight to live.

This is very frightening to say the least.

Your body self cleans itself, especially the colon so you do not need to take anything except for prepping for surgery when the Physician tells you what to use, or if parasites were found and you are their living host which can happen if you travel to regions where parasites infect water regions. 

Also stepping shoeless on dung which has been infected by parasites can also transmit them into your body.

Racoons are notorious for having parasites and many are rabid so always steer clear of them and call for help if you encounter any.

Never walk barefoot anywhere. Always wear shoes with laces and stockings and if going for a swim wear swim shoes made speciafically for wearing in the water and make sure they fit tightly and cannot be removed by the force of water if waves are rough.

Respected Contributor

I use it in my garage to kill bugs like crickets & scorpions.  I have it in a plastic condiment bottle, like you'd see for ketchup or mustard & kind of "poof" it around where insect might travel to enter my garage.  I guess its particles are sharp & it slices the bugs innards up when it gets on them, yet it's harmless to humans & pets.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Oh I guess my post didn't quite get the right point across so I went back and changed it a bit. Smiley Happy

All's good! smilethumbs.png