Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Gone to your Dr and Told Him You Want to Take a Medicine You've seen on TV?

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 

Kinda reminds me of politicians telling Top Officers in the military what they should do in real combat situations, from their cushy office, no less.

People that "read about combat" telling those "in combat" how to fight it. Fact I had a few bosses that didn't know the front of our machines from the back, telling us multi-year operators how to run them! Had several of them over my 33 years.

hckynut

•  
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Gone to your Dr and Told Him You Want to Take a Medicine You've seen on TV?

@LilacTree wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@photodreamr 

yes, like xarelto, the one he endorsed that wound up killing Arnold Palmer.  Big class action litigation on that, yet they’re still advertising it.

He died from heart disease. The medication kept him alive. Without it he may have died sooner.

@Trinity11 

you know I have the highest respect for you Trinity, but there’s controversy about his death.  How do I really know, but where there’s smoke there’s usually fire.  I think it was a coverup.

@LilacTree , we live in a litigious society where the blame game is alive and well... Time will tell whether this drug should be removed but I really think when someone passes  some will find their emotional reaction is to blame it on a particular med rather the underlying illness..

Honored Contributor

When you listen to the side effects... they are WORSE than the problem that they fix.... OR THEY KILL YOU.   Who in their right mind would take such drugs.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

this is true Trinity.  There’s so much lying in our society these days it’s hard to tell what’s true and what isn’t.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

your eyes and don't see al the happy people without a care in the world and listen to the side effects....you wouldn't WANT to take any of them...

Respected Contributor

I've never suggested a medication but seeing commercials or reading ads in magazines, made me semi-familiar with medication doctors have suggested.  I was more able to discuss pro and cons based on information I heard or read.

Trusted Contributor

I wish they would ban those commercials from TV!  Maybe our prescriptions might be affordable!  What a racket!

Valued Contributor

My husband always asks our family doc for whatever med is on TV, but does it as a joke.  He will say "I saw this on TV and they suggested asking you about it".  Our family doc says that is the worst thing to come out of medications advertised on TV- everyone thinks they need to be on whatever medication.  Thank Heaven that our family doc is wonderful and expects these lovely questions from my husband.

Respected Contributor

When I hear all the side effects! Why would anyone ask for those Drugs. No Thanks!
Honored Contributor

If they wouldn't advertise these medications so much, perhaps they could lower the prices ---- a lot!  I am very tired of seeing these ads.  Also tired of car commercials and phone commercials.  Lately the only commercials I am enjoying are the old ones which they brought back which feature the camel for hump day and the pig riding in the car going --- weeee.  LOL!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin