Honored Contributor

Re: Hate Going to Bed/Getting Up in the Morning

[ Edited ]

@On It 

Thank you for starting this post, it is very interesting. Having

two autoimmune diseases, and struggling to sleep, getting ready for bed seems to take forever, and wakes me up.  Beauty rituals are fairly much wasted without sleep!

These post have given me the idea of trying to relocate some of my night time rituals to morning and during the day.

Some great ideas here.  I’m going to save it, to re-read.

Thank you again.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I do a hot bath, slap a moisturizer on my face, and brush my teeth. No more beauty treatments for me. I just don't have that kind of patience. After that I do my stretches.  I sleep so much better and it lessons any pain I might have.  I then hop into my bed (or chair) for the night.

I think we women could take some lessons from the men on some of these nightly beauty routines we think we have to do.   It seems to me that we age sooner than men do....go figure!!   Have you ever noticed that many men use nothing and come out looking as good or better???  I'm really into the word "simplify" these days....can you tell....lol.

Honored Contributor

Move some of those tasks to earlier times of the day.  I take most of my scrip meds at dinner.  Skin care I do while I'm watching TV.  My PTR retinol serum and Elemis cream are near my TV chair.  I grab a baby wipe from bathroom to cleanse first.  No, I don't do this while we have company, unless its DD.  

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

What I hate is my morning routine...no "health" things, but Every.Single.Day I have to pluck facial hair/eyebrows for a good 30 minutes. I also have to shave my legs every day--not one of those lucky "older" women whose leg hair has lessened or disappeared--and I'm 66! Even if I don't wash my hair, it still must be wetted and restyled as I have serious bed-head.

With everything I must do to be presentable, I get up at 4:45 a.m. in order to leave the house at 7:30 for work. How I wish I could just jump in the shower, blow dry hair, slap on a little makeup and go!

@vermint 

I've always been a very un-hairy gal and would love better eye brows.   (Mind if I ask what vitamins & supplements you take?)  

I have no leg hair ... none.  I haven't had to shave my legs in 25 years!  The only time was about 10 years ago I was getting a pedicure and the manicurist grabbed a tweezers and plucked one hair about 2 inches long.  She said "you missed one" ... ha ha ha ha.  

Trusted Contributor

@On It 

I understand what you are saying.  I also suffer from chronic fatigue and can relate to what you posted. 

I've just had to learn to accept it, and each day just do what I can.  Most people just can't relate to those of us with chronic fatigue.  I HATE being so tired all of the time.  The medical field just doesn't have all the answers yet. 

Thanks for starting this thread.  Take care.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@vermint wrote:

What I hate is my morning routine...no "health" things, but Every.Single.Day I have to pluck facial hair/eyebrows for a good 30 minutes. I also have to shave my legs every day--not one of those lucky "older" women whose leg hair has lessened or disappeared--and I'm 66! Even if I don't wash my hair, it still must be wetted and restyled as I have serious bed-head.

With everything I must do to be presentable, I get up at 4:45 a.m. in order to leave the house at 7:30 for work. How I wish I could just jump in the shower, blow dry hair, slap on a little makeup and go!

@vermint 

I've always been a very un-hairy gal and would love better eye brows.   (Mind if I ask what vitamins & supplements you take?)  

I have no leg hair ... none.  I haven't had to shave my legs in 25 years!  The only time was about 10 years ago I was getting a pedicure and the manicurist grabbed a tweezers and plucked one hair about 2 inches long.  She said "you missed one" ... ha ha ha ha.  

@Tinkrbl44 The only thing I take vitamin-wise is a daily multi for women. My hairy-ness is purely genetic, as both my parents were very hairy people...lucky me, lol!