Honored Contributor

Re: Hate Going to Bed/Getting Up in the Morning

@On It    I understand fatigue as I have auto immune disease and even with medication I still feel the fatigue.  I only take meds in the morning and once a week inject medicine.  At nigh wash face, toner, moisturizer so it is fairly easy.  You seem to have a lot more going on and sometimes it is okay to vent -- you need to to stay sane.  LOL

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I understand @On It  For me, my weird routine has been established for atleast 15 years.  I "hit the wall" between 8 and 9 p.m.  I feel exhausted so I lie down without getting ready for bed.  After a couple of hours of sleep, I get up, and then have the energy to get ready for bed.  After I'm ready for bed, I'll watch some news shows.  The house is quiet and it's a peaceful time for me. The only time I do my routine before bed is when I'm traveling.  

Respected Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

I understand @On It  For me, my weird routine has been established for atleast 15 years.  I "hit the wall" between 8 and 9 p.m.  I feel exhausted so I lie down without getting ready for bed.  After a couple of hours of sleep, I get up, and then have the energy to get ready for bed.  After I'm ready for bed, I'll watch some news shows.  The house is quiet and it's a peaceful time for me. The only time I do my routine before bed is when I'm traveling.  

Good idea! I will try that. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Wait until you get to be 85.  What I do is all the rituals at about 7PM.  Then I sit and watch TV.  Most times I fall asleep around 9 right when I am watching something interesting and wake up around 11.  I let the dog out and then we jump into bed.

Now not that sleeply, so I watch a movie or read on my kindle and before I realize it, it is 6Am. I have fallen asleep. My ear pods still in my ears, sometimes one fell out. I make sure I don't wear my good glasses to bed, because I would maybe crush them. 

The point is, I get all ready for bed, so when its time, i don't have to go to the rituals, I'm ready.  

If I didn't do this early, I would skip it all and then I would not have my beauty routine and good skin and teeth.

I hate getting dressed in the morning, but having the dog forces me because we have to walk before the sun comes out, she hates the sun.  I put on makeup, not much, and ready for the day. I plan something everyday, to keep going.  I don't sit on the couch, which I should take a nap, but then too groggy and don't like that feeling.  I take each day as a blessing to be alive, better than the alturnative.

I enjoyed reading your routine.  Having something to do everyday is such a good idea.  Ever since the first of the year, I really dread having to go to bed.  I am such a poor sleeper, and I hate waking up every few hours.  Plus, the getting up to go to the bathroom does not help.    I read before bed and I really like that.  Sounds like as we get older, things do get more difficult!

Respected Contributor

This is a great topic. It never occurred to me others feel as I do!  Except for taking medication, I guess we could all just go get in bed without any special care for our bodies. But we want to take care of ourselves, so we do it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

@PamfromCT wrote:

Good thing we all have a sense of humor.  I am also a big Lessman fan.  In particular, his Circulation and Vein Support has been beneficial for my legs, and Turmeric 400 Curcumin is helping my back.  I wish I could exercise more,  and I am hopeful the warm water pool I used to exercise will be reopened soon.

It’s in an assisted living facility close to where I live, open to the public for a nominal fee.  Very good for my back.

Of the 25 I take the two you mentioned are included. His vits really help me, especial l y since I exercise so much.  Twice a week I do Yoga stretch by Peggy Cappy.  The deep breathing and stretch help so much.  The back, the legs, the neck.  Meditation at the end.  It,s called, YOGA FOR THE REST OF US.  BROUGHT it on Amazon years ago. She was on PBS.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Well, I am obviously the odd person out here. I absolutely LOVE getting up in the morning (definitely a morning person; best part of the day!) and the routine before I go to work. I leave plenty of time so I am not rushed.

I doubly LOVE my routine before I go to bed. It is always relaxing to me and thoroughly prepares me for a good night's sleep. I rarely have trouble sleeping, and the night seems to go so fast, but I am fully rested.

The only time I am somewhat lax in my routine is on the weekends, and that is on purpose. If I change it up a little, my body knows it is the weekend. Smiley LOL

@World Traveler   Lordy Lordy, I hate mornings.  I am a night person.   I do think that I might be part Bat.  I am ready to rock and roll at midnight.  I do my best Choreography during the night.  LOL  My whole family is the same.  I can guarantee, if I can't sleep the rest of the family will be on Face Book.   

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe You can't fool me! You are out doing your very interesting yard walks to the mailbox late at night! Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@On It I can totally relate and here's the hilarious thing I go through.  When I have cleansed my face and put on my very expensive skincare (what skincare is not), I don't want to scoop our three litter boxes that we have placed throughout the house for our sweet little angels.   Cat Surprised  So, I will tell my husband to remember to do it before he goes to bed.  That is part of his routine, like it or not and no I will not do it before I do my routine.  Sniffing cat poop is not conducive to sleepy time for me and since he takes a sleeping pill it doesn't matter.  

Honored Contributor

I hear ya --- and I totally get it!  I will be so sleepy and then I go to do my evening routine and after that I am wide awake!  It's not that I do a lot of what I would call "primping" either.  It is pretty much "have to" stuff for medical issues and maintenance issues!  DH is like --- why does it take you so long?  It's 5 minutes tops for him!!!  I remember the good old days where I'd brush my teeth --- and boom --- done!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin