Respected Contributor

Hate Going to Bed/Getting Up in the Morning

I hate the getting ready for bed ritual. Tooth care, skin care, prescription meds, changing into sleep wear, eye pressure drops, wash eye area after 5 minutes to avoid red skin, and finally getting in bed. By the time I get through all of that I am not sleepy. I have tried breaking it up into segments, but that breaks up my whole evening.

The reverse happens in the morning. Same routine except for pressure drops but add a shower. I would like to just stay up or stay in bed. Knowing that is not a choice, I just needed to vent. I have a fatiguing problem that makes even the simplest tasks seem like a 5K run. Lately my fatigue has been somewhat overwhelming.

I remember my mother laughing that it took her longer to get ready for bed than to get dressed to go out. As I got older, I totally understood what she meant.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hate Going to Bed/Getting Up in the Morning

I will paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld.  He once said if the human body were a car no one would buy it.  Too much maintenance and upkeep.  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@On It So true. We take a lot of maintenance, don't we. 

Trusted Contributor

Ha!  I've been thinking the same thing!   Getting ready for work in the morning takes about an hour on hair wash days.  

These morning and evening rituals don't even take into account the shaving of legs, manis, pedis, haircuts, coloring, etc., etc.

Honored Contributor

As I get older. I find everything takes longer!

Honored Contributor

Better to do it than not do it. I hate to think where I would be if not for things I do for myself as 'maintenance'.

Honored Contributor

When I'm lazy, I won't go to bed at all  (falling asleep on the couch doesn't count).  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a long bedtime routine too.  Last night I forgot my ointment for dry eyes.  I try to cleanse my face earlier as I have to leave time before applying retinA.  

I do the best I can.  To the OP:  you are not alone.

Respected Contributor

What I hate is my morning routine...no "health" things, but Every.Single.Day I have to pluck facial hair/eyebrows for a good 30 minutes. I also have to shave my legs every day--not one of those lucky "older" women whose leg hair has lessened or disappeared--and I'm 66! Even if I don't wash my hair, it still must be wetted and restyled as I have serious bed-head.

With everything I must do to be presentable, I get up at 4:45 a.m. in order to leave the house at 7:30 for work. How I wish I could just jump in the shower, blow dry hair, slap on a little makeup and go!

Honored Contributor

I'm retired, but if I'm going out I swear it takes longer to get my eyebrows into decent shape than the whole make-up process. Over night they become an unsightly mess ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan