Honored Contributor

Re: Has the flu season started...in Michigan?

Here in WV, flu season is usually regarded from November thru April, which is why October is pushed hard as the time to get the shot.   

I read on the internet today, that flu season in Australia is June to September, peaking in August.  There have already been 272,146 confirmed cases by the end of the first week of September.   

Respected Contributor

Hey ~  I generally get mine in Mid October.  But after reading the news (and this Thread) that there is already flu in my State - PA, Kentucky, Michigan...  I am getting mine now.  I will call my Pharmacy to make sure they have the Quad.  Thanks All. 

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

I got my shot several weeks ago 😬💉

Respected Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Hey ~  I generally get mine in Mid October.  But after reading the news (and this Thread) that there is already flu in my State - PA, Kentucky, Michigan...  I am getting mine now.  I will call my Pharmacy to make sure they have the Quad.  Thanks All. 

I am over 65 and got the senior shot...3 strains but with an immunity booster?

Honored Contributor

September 13, 2019:

• Influenza A/H3 is currently circulating on University of Michigan's Ann Arbor campus. It is too soon to know whether this is an early start to the flu season or an isolated event. 
  • It is time for everyone 6 months and older to get vaccinated against flu.
Trusted Contributor

If my house is any indication then yes it has.

The 4th person in my house has now started with chest congestion and cough this morning.

This time of year its also difficult because seasonal allergies are also happening.

Respected Contributor

Thanks to all who posted.  I usually get a flu shot in mid-October....but after reading this thread, I decided to go today.  Also got a pneumonia shot....and a sore arm!  But glad it’s done.