Respected Contributor

Re: Has one of your feet ever felt as though it was in a vice?

@sfnative

i would go to the best orthopedic dr I could find to take xrays and evaluate the damage.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative.  I think we all should chip in and buy you a pair of steel-toed boots.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sfnative.  I think we all should chip in and buy you a pair of steel-toed boots.

Woman LOL

In all seriousness I finally broke down and bought myself a pair of steel-toed boots a few years ago after a series of foot-bashings and toe surgeries and it was one of the best things I ever did. I even wear them in the kitchen when pulling big heavy dishes out of the oven. One of the most practical pairs of shoes I ever bought. I love them! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntMame@Kachina624, DH bought steel toed shoes for me after I broke the metatarsal in my left foot (#3, then #4) twice.  I have Keen.  Love them and use them for any heavy duty yard work.

@sfnative, sending best to you in seeking medical care.  It is hard to get around when you’re injured like this.  LM

Respected Contributor

If I suffered multiple breaks in my foot, along with other foot injuries, I would be seeing an orthopedic doctor, not a podiatrist.

Honored Contributor

I think they will figure out what is wrong with your foot, it sounds like a soft tissue injury which can be harder to diagnose and treat than some fractures but I do believe your real concern should be why it is that you walk into to the same piece of furniture so often....and hard enough to injure your self.  Do you have balance problems?  Memory problems?  Cognitive issues?  Of course,  deal with the foot first but you should get a physical and discuss and address the other issues.    

Honored Contributor

For years I had a bed with a footboard about 15" high with a very sharp corner.  I habitually had a black & blue spot on my leg where I bumped into that #@%&&  bed!  Finally got rid of it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My thoughts are that with 3 traumatic injuries to the same area of the same foot in such a short period of time, this vice-like pain is more likely the result of the blood vessels trying to heal themselves.   There has to be a lot of swelling, pressure, and blood bruising inside the foot which I would think would result in that tight pressure you feel.

My very best wishes to you for full healing.    

Honored Contributor

Sometimes bumps can really be nasty. I fell last summer ,and landed on my knee. For months ,it felt a bit numb ,and tingly. Its gone now, at last. I didn't have it xrayed ,because I wasn't in pain,  and I could walk OK.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think they will figure out what is wrong with your foot, it sounds like a soft tissue injury which can be harder to diagnose and treat than some fractures but I do believe your real concern should be why it is that you walk into to the same piece of furniture so often....and hard enough to injure your self.  Do you have balance problems?  Memory problems?  Cognitive issues?  Of course,  deal with the foot first but you should get a physical and discuss and address the other issues.    

@chrystaltree...I walked into the same large rock in our front yard 3x.  Big pain in my foot, black and blue and could not wear a shoe for quite a while, I have no balance problem...stuff happens....

maybe the OP could wrap that area of the furniture with foam if that would help from hitting it again.