Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone signed up for any of the fitness apps?

Not really an app, but I like Jessica Smith on youtube.  She has a short cardio workout for people with bad knees. I also mean to try her workout for when you are not feeling well. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @CinNC. I am living off YouTube right now. I will look her up.
Trusted Contributor

I subscribe to Essentrics TV from time to time. Essentrics is the name of Miranda Esmonde-White's technique, better known as Classical Stretch on PBS.

You get a lot - Seasons 6 through 12 of Classical Stretch and all of the Essentrics workouts, which I think are better than CS. Miranda's daughter Sahra leads some of the Essentrics, and they have newer girls who lead very good workouts. A blend of toning, stretching, tai chi and barre. Filmed in beautiful locations. 

I used to subscribe to YogaGlo, but now I subscribe to Gaia because it's less expensive.

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 I have rethought the Nike Training app a little. I did a weight workout on there last night that was pretty good. So for some stuff it might be good for you. I find it a little clunky because there's so much stuff on there. It's not like traditional videos. The ones I have done basically say do X for 60 seconds or whatever and it times it and then moves on to the next thing. It does give you a little preview time so see the exercise before you start. Worth a download since it's free.

I'm thinking I might start using it for weight workouts. Sitting on the couch staring at the free weights doesn't seem effective!

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom   LOL  I know my weight bar looks very nice on the floor too.  Thanks!  I will check them out.  

Super Contributor

I've never tried it but have heard good things about Fitness Blender on YouTube.

Regular Contributor

@Laura14  - my son uses the app BodBot, he likes it.  He downloaded the app for me, but I have tried it yet.