Respected Contributor

Has anyone seen this commercial ?

It's about probiotics and shows women talking about "pooping"  They were actually sitting on the toilet !! I was shocked (but maybe I shouldn't be given everything that goes on in this world today ) I guess I'm old school, that commercial was a bit to much for me. What's your take on it ? did it surprise you or not?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone seen this commercial ?

@Goodie2shoes 

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

It's about probiotics and shows women talking about "pooping"  They were actually sitting on the toilet !! I was shocked (but maybe I shouldn't be given everything that goes on in this world today ) I guess I'm old school, that commercial was a bit to much for me. What's your take on it ? did it surprise you or not?

ITA.  We live in very different times and not good.

Occasional Contributor

The commercial has gone just too far. There is nothing kept private anymore. In my opinion it is another sign of the end of  world as we have known. Out of control and noone can rein it in.

Honored Contributor

Change isn't always good.  I see this as declining moral values. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The commercial is crude and it portrays women

childishly and proud just because they regularly cr ap.  I'm a joker and enjoy funny. This commercial isn't funny. It's stupid and annoying. I suspect it won't be long lived. This is as degrading as the Poise in my pants commercial.

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  All commercials are just stupid now.  The only ones I like have dogs in them.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I did see it and no, I was not surprised.  With all the personal product commercials shown on TV for both men and women it was no worse than most.  I can't think of a personal product  that doesn't have a commercial. 

Honored Contributor

I don't see what's moral or immoral about pooping. Talking about it overtly in a commercial is more a matter of appropriateness.

I am noticing a more matter of fact treatment of bodily functions in commercials for products that deal with bodily functions, like sanitary products and TP.

Some of it irritates me, some doesn't. Personally I am not a fan of that dang Charmin bear family. That supposed family seems to have endless group discussions about the pleasure they take in "going." I can't relate at all. But I don't think it's in any way evil to enjoy something like that. Just weird to me and offputting.

If being more explicit about what a hygeine or digestion product actually does makes the company more sales, we will see more commecials like that. If not, they will stop appearing. I guess other people must like those bears at least. Woman Frustrated

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

If that commercial caught your attention then it worked. 

Honored Contributor

I thought it was kind of clever--and laughed at it-- how about the ad with all the different types of peppers bent in all directons for the guys with bent penises--nothing is sacred!!!