Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard noises that no one else does?

What is sundowners--never heard of it.

Esteemed Contributor

GOD help me!

Esteemed Contributor

I called up the pharmacy but all they said follow up with the doctor. I have medicine that I can take now that is over the counter to take to relax me to sleep.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1,

The absolute worst thing you could’ve done for yourself is to decide to stop taking the medication!  That medication WAS indeed working; if you thought it was going to completely stop the anxiety, and maybe keep you from hearing the nighttime “noises”, you are wrong.   I have a feeling you never worked up to the dosage you actually need to fully control your anxiety.   

Sundowners is a change in behavior that happens to people in the evenings; fear, seeing and hearing things, delusional thoughts, pacing, wandering, anxiety and agitation.   Sundowners is usually seen in patients with dementia and Alzheimer’s.    

Your situation is very concerning, and either you are not being honest with your doctor as to what’s going on with you, or he/she is not looking deep enough into your situation.    This type of behavior is not normal, and you need help from your doctor.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

I am going to get a hearing test for I have been hearing noises that no one else hears. Like when the ac is turned off I hear motors or what ever making noise. It has driven me nuts and taking anxiety drug.

This is a common symptom when someone has some hearing loss.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D,

The hearing test has long been done.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@halfpint1 wrote:

I am going to get a hearing test for I have been hearing noises that no one else hears. Like when the ac is turned off I hear motors or what ever making noise. It has driven me nuts and taking anxiety drug.

This is a common symptom when someone has some hearing loss.

@Mindy D 

You're responding to her OP from over a year ago. August 2018. She's posted more than once I've seen about having hearing tests since then.

@RedTop 

I hope @halfpint1 reads your post.

@halfpint1 Please listen to your friend Redtop.........she's a good friend. I hope you can relax & your nite gets better.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I can't go back to sleep. I have been taking melatonin each night. I stopped taking anxiety drug over a year ago. I never had it this bad. I feel so cold. I put on the heat. I appreciate that I can talk to someone for I really don't really have no one. Son can't understand me.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't remember feeling like this before. I just didn't know about anxiety.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You have just forgotten a bit of stuff @halfpint1 . don't be afraid , it is going to be OK. You really need the anxiety meds, they will make your feel better...

If you only listen to 1 person here, make sure it's your friend @RedTop . She is telling you everything you need to do to feel better