Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever ordered prescription drugs on line.. and if so who?

@cherry  Thanks....got it.

Honored Contributor

I wish I could find a cheaper place for my armour thyroid

Honored Contributor

@cherry  I don't know your age but I'm 72 and have Medicare and an additional insurance.  I only pay (if I remember) about 30 some $ for a 90 day supply of my thyroid medicine.  I take Synthroid.  I had my thyroid removed a few years ago so I take a pretty strong dossage.

I get it at CVS.  I know they are supposed to be the highest place but I go there because they are the only people who sell a specific kind of medicine I take (can't find it anywhere else).  I like having all medicine in one place.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  thank you,  but I can't take anything but real thryoid, from real sources( animals) I have tried all the other stuff and it makes me deathly ill

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

No but I used to be able to buy on line from a company in the US a plant based 'medicine' called "LIMBREL".  It is for Fibromyalgia and it was amazing...just amazing.  Worked better almost immediately better than any other 'medicine' I'd ever used.

Then poof!  The @#$% food and drug administration decided to 'take it off the market' until further notice.  I raved about this product (my arthritis Dr recommended it) and was asked to go before the FDA to tell about my amazing benefits I got from this.  

I'd have gone, however, I had already bought the airplane ticket to go to visit my daughter and couldn't go.

As far as I know, it's STILL not offered in the US.  It's not a drug but you do need a prescription.  (It's the same thing with a compound..you need a prescription but it's not a drug in the same way we know drugs).

I'm soooo freaking tired of being 'protected' by some things.  Still we hear about recalls so I think with the FDA it's a matter of 'pick and choose'.  

I'm convinced that this product LIMBREL was so popular it interfered with sales of Lyrica.  Lyrica, I used to take and my daughter had a friend who's fiance committed suicide while taking it.  Listen to what's said about it.  Yet Drs still (as far as I know) prescribe the junk.

Anyway, if I could find LIMBREL anywhere else I'd buy it in a minute.

Annabelle..is this the drug??? https://www.cvs.com/drug/limbrel/oral-capsule/500mg

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Hey! Ladies.  I'm going to go lay down and watch TV in the bedroom.

So.....if you guys post some of the places where you get your prescriptions outside of US (in Canada) please post @Annabellethecat66 so I'll be sure not to miss it.

There have been many times I've missed a post because I've walked away and it moves so fast (way faster than me). Ha! That I've missed something I wanted to read.

Thanks ahead of time  ps Bill the cat is coming with me.  He's my (unpaid) secretary and he takes breaks when I do...hummm?? Come to think of it he's been sleeping next to me the entire time I've been here....OK, well he needs to wake up so he can lay with me in the bed....he won't be here to notifi me...just a heads up.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I wish I could find a cheaper place for my armour thyroid

@cherry ... I take Armour Thyroid & have to pay out of pocket because the insurance company does not cover it ..... I take 60mg & pay 24.00 for 30 days plus I take 15mg & pay 25.00 for 30 days (total 75mg per day).... I don’t know why Armour Thyroid is not covered .... do you??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The best I can understand is it had something to do with that creepy guy that bought a drug company and overnight began charging terrible amounts of money for his  drugs.

He charged HIV victims shamefully, so much they couldn't even buy the lifesaving meds they needed

His name was something Like Shrell . I don't think that is his name, but my thyroid meds skyrocketed. I have insurance/medicare but  it is still about $130 copay when I have to fill it

This is an old med that has been around for 100 years, so they can't claim that it is down to research costs

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The best I can understand is it had something to do with that creepy guy that bought a drug company and overnight began charging terrible amounts of money for his  drugs.

He charged HIV victims shamefully, so much they couldn't even buy the lifesaving meds they needed

His name was something Like Shrell . I don't think that is his name, but my thyroid meds skyrocketed. I have insurance/medicare but  it is still about $130 copay when I have to fill it

This is an old med that has been around for 100 years, so they can't claim that it is down to research costs

Its disgusting!!!!!! All about the $$$$$$$!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@Fur Dude  I do regularly via my part D medicare with express scripts. I had es prior to medicare and chose to continue. Never a problem.