Super Contributor

Has anyone ever ordered prescription drugs on line.. and if so who?

I’m always afraid of running short with my inhaler and like to have a standby. Has anyone ever ordered from Canada and are they reliable?
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever ordered prescription drugs on line.. and if so who?

[ Edited ]

I used to order my Erfa Thyroid medication from Universal Drugstore online out of Canada. I switched over to Erfa Thyroid when Armour Thyroid had a reformulation several years ago. When Erfa had a reformulation their medication tripled in price so I switched to NP Thyroid. When I first started buying the Erfa I only paid $80 for 500 tablets. I pay for it out of pocket using a GoodRx coupon because Insurance will no longer pay for it.

I never had any problems until they made changes to Erfa.

Honored Contributor

No but I used to be able to buy on line from a company in the US a plant based 'medicine' called "LIMBREL".  It is for Fibromyalgia and it was amazing...just amazing.  Worked better almost immediately better than any other 'medicine' I'd ever used.

Then poof!  The @#$% food and drug administration decided to 'take it off the market' until further notice.  I raved about this product (my arthritis Dr recommended it) and was asked to go before the FDA to tell about my amazing benefits I got from this.  

I'd have gone, however, I had already bought the airplane ticket to go to visit my daughter and couldn't go.

As far as I know, it's STILL not offered in the US.  It's not a drug but you do need a prescription.  (It's the same thing with a compound..you need a prescription but it's not a drug in the same way we know drugs).

I'm soooo freaking tired of being 'protected' by some things.  Still we hear about recalls so I think with the FDA it's a matter of 'pick and choose'.  

I'm convinced that this product LIMBREL was so popular it interfered with sales of Lyrica.  Lyrica, I used to take and my daughter had a friend who's fiance committed suicide while taking it.  Listen to what's said about it.  Yet Drs still (as far as I know) prescribe the junk.

Anyway, if I could find LIMBREL anywhere else I'd buy it in a minute.

Honored Contributor

I order my tretinoin cream from AllDayChemist, located in India. Never a problem.

Honored Contributor

Where's the best place in Canada to order from?  I know my arthritis Dr would give me a prescription for it as she'd once recommended I order from Canada.

She is a little quiet now about recommending other than US, someone must have said something to her.  She's very outspoken against the cost of prescriptions in the US.  She's so much so, her son wants to be a Dr and she tried her hardest to talk him out of it.  When he refused she said she'd continue to pay for his education IF he'd also agree to a minor in Accounting.  Ha!

I know people here order from Canada.  Where's the safest place to order the Limbrel?  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I found this and it might help. This might be a poofable link so grab it fast

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/how-buy-medicines-safely-online-pharmacy

Esteemed Contributor

@Fur Dude 

@Annabellethecat66 

I have ordered my Lantus pens (for my kitty) from Mark's Marine Pharmacy for several years.  

The cost is less than 1/2 what I would pay in the states.

My last order placed just a few days ago.  5 pens were around $170 and shipping is $25.

They are fast, friendly, reliable.  

I have only ordered the Lantus pens, but you can check with them for your drug's availability and cost.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 The DEA may have visited her or someone reminded her that it's completely illegal to import drugs into the US which is what you do when you buy from Canada.

Having said that, obviously lots of people do for all the right reasons and, as long as you are not planning on becoming a drug cartel based in a border state, the government will look the other way. They get it. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Is it Legal to Buy Canadian Drugs?

Under federal law, it is not legal to import prescription drugs into the United States unless you are the manufacturer. This includes drugs manufactured in the United States and shipped to other countries. You aren't allowed to purchase them in that country and bring them back into the U.S. These laws were established to protect consumers.

However, the law is not always strictly enforced. The FDA has issued "Coverage of Personal Importations" guidance for consumers and enforcers. You can import a 90-day supply of some prescription drugs and medical devices if you meet the following conditions:

1. It is to be used to treat a serious condition and no effective treatment is available in the United States.
  2. You won't be selling it or promoting it to others in the United States.
  3. The medication doesn't represent an unreasonable risk.
  4. You affirm in writing that the drug is for your personal use.
  5. The quantity is no more than a three-month supply and you provide the name and address of the doctor licensed in the United States responsible for your treatment with the medication; or, you provide evidence that the medication is for continued treatment begun in a foreign country.
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Thanks for your reply.  I think you are right about someone reminding her.  It was quite obvious.  Her husband is also a Dr so maybe it was even him.  She is putting 2 sons through college and employs so many people I've never been able to count them all behind the scenes.  So I understand she has to 'follow the rules'.

I do think though she would write me a prescription.  I've read so many good things and know first hand about this.

I know in the end everything in the world (especially in this Country) it's all about the almighty dollar.  The largest two lobbyists are the gun lobbyists and the drug lobbyists.  I live here and I even know people who are lobbyists and work for drug manufacturers.  So I know whereof I speak....unfortunately.