Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever ordered prescription drugs on line.. and if so who?

[ Edited ]

It's legal to import prescription meds into the US. I live near the border with Canada, people do it all the time. 

You must have a valid prescription from your US based doctor and only a 90 day supply for personal use. Just fax your 'script to the pharmacy.

I talked with my dr about Synvisc for my arthritic knee. It's 1/3 the US cost in Canada. In fact, Canada will supply him with 1 single dose at a time, instead of the usual 3 doses.

If you think your meds at your local pharmacy are made in the USA, guess again

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I order my tretinoin cream from AllDayChemist, located in India. Never a problem.

Many of the generic meds I am prescribed are manufactured in India. Many of these companies have offices in New Jersey.

Super Contributor

Word of caution...if your meds are heat or cold sensetive....I would not order. No care is taken in the shipment to protect them...

Contributor

I order two prescriptions from Universal Drugstore, Canada.  I send writtenscripts via email.  They are sent within 2-3 weeks from United Kingdom.  I have NOT had any problems, with the exception of the first time ordering.  Lead time was long since I was new customer.  The prices are MUCH LESS than ordering here in US.  I highly recommend. 

Honored Contributor

If you mean from some online drug company based in India or Bangladesh; the answer is no.  I never have and I never will.  I care more about my health than I care about saving  a few bucks.  No online drugs for me but if I lived in a border state and I had the option of filling my prescriptions in Canada and the savings warranted it; I'd consider that.  Same with Mexico, I'd have prescriptions filled at a pharmacy in Mexico if the savings were great enough.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Where's the best place in Canada to order from?  I know my arthritis Dr would give me a prescription for it as she'd once recommended I order from Canada.

She is a little quiet now about recommending other than US, someone must have said something to her.  She's very outspoken against the cost of prescriptions in the US.  She's so much so, her son wants to be a Dr and she tried her hardest to talk him out of it.  When he refused she said she'd continue to pay for his education IF he'd also agree to a minor in Accounting.  Ha!

I know people here order from Canada.  Where's the safest place to order the Limbrel?  

I used to order about three years ago from Canadiandrugs.com