Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried The Lume Products

Most of the odor-causing bacteria which are found on our skin live in the outermost (dead) layer of skin called the stratum corneum. By using alpha or beta hydroxy acids (AHAs or BHAs) it dissolves that skin layer so there is less dead skin left for the bacteria to grow on which leads to having less odor. That's basically how Lume works. It uses the AHA, mandelic acid.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Pook 

I truly do not understand your post.  

I do not understand using a product to try to cover up odor from poor hygiene or wearing clothes that need to be laundered.  Maybe some have different body chemistry and need extra odor protection, but this product should not be a substitute for proper hygiene.  😳😳

You seemed to maybe have read my post too fast and had the posts of others about poor hygeine stuck in your mind.  I actually said nothing about poor hygeine in my whole post!!!  The only statement about covering up odor was the one where I stated that so many women still use talcom powder to dry and cover up areas that are smelly - no matter how much you shower.  Using only TP will cause bacteria to multiply during the day.  LUME lasts 72 hours to stop baceria that cause those odors - nothing about poor hygeine!  

The other statements said nothing about covering up odors which everyone has - even if they shower and think they have good hygeine!!  I would say even someone like yourself has such odors because even if your are constantly cleansing your body throughout the day bacteria would be found but LUME stops bacteria and thus smells for about 72 hours.  

Respected Contributor

@Pook 

I probably am just misunderstanding your posts.

Please do not include me in your "someone like yourself" assumptions.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

I by no means stink. I take showers and wash my clothes.

I live in a very cold climate. My mother was allergic to alot

of products and so am I. I was thinking about the unscented

deodorant, Also I have Asthma, certains smells will trigger it.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Respected Contributor

The most common diagnosis, after working in an OB/GYN office for over 25 years, was bacterial vaginosis, followed by vag1nal yeast infection.  I coded it daily, many many times. Also some topical (skin) yeast infections, like under the breasts. 

Bad hygiene was almost NEVER listed as the cause.

So yes there can be odor even with good hygiene, it's the way the female body operates.  Having secs increases the likelihood of getting these. 

Do I like the commercials?  No!  Is there a need for this kind of product?  Yes, as long as it's not harming the natural workings of our bodies ways of taking care of itself. 

Valued Contributor

HerRoyalLioness, I agree with you totally. If I can use the

deodorant without any allergy problems, I'm all for it.

Even if I have to wear 2 masks to apply it. I will.

And The worse stinky smell to me is cigarettes and perfume on someone's coat. I know everyone has a odor,

but their is a difference between odor and stink. Thank

You for your post.

Trusted Contributor

It seems to me there are 2 different issues people are replying to:

1. The Lume commercials

2. Lume products

Since the OP asked specifically about the products, I can say that I have used Lume and it works for me. I shower daily and deodorants just don't work for me anymore since menopause. Lume has been a game changer. It's not just for your "privates", but underarms and feet as well.  Keep in mind this isn't a product just for women, but men, too.

BTW, I do agree the commercials are tacky. 

Super Contributor

Lume is AMAZING! You only need a dab and it really does leave you odor free for long periods of time.  If you have kids with stinky feet, this stuff works amazingly well for that too. Well worth the money!!!!

Respected Contributor

curious about this product. It doesn't stop wetness right, because it's a deoderant and not antiperspirant, but does it stain your clothing? If you wear sleeveless, is there any residue that would show? thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr    Yes,it is just deodorant, not antiperspirant.  Lume hasn't stained any of my clothing. I've also tried Native brand deodorant and that did stain my clothes. Then I switched to Lume.