Valued Contributor

Has Anyone Tried The Lume Products

Please Your Thoughts On The Products?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried The Lume Products

@YouGoGirl1 That tv ad is so disgusting. I have to FF  past it or change the channel. Ick.

Valued Contributor

I have, and I agree with the above poster about the ads for it.  While I work in healthcare, I also used to work retail, and they are poorly designed ads, imo.

At any rate, I purchased it to use as a nighttime deoderant for my underarms.  Many natural deoderants irritate my skin.  Lume did not irritate my skin at all.  The scent I chose was sort of yucky upon application, but it didn't linger.  It worked well for what I needed it for.  The scent I had was clean tangerine.  I tried to reorder, but only through amazon.  They didn't have much available at the time and I chose a different brand that has a weird texture.  

Honored Contributor

This may be TMI, but since you asked.... I tried this on my nether regions and boy, did it sting. It hurt to sit down the next day from the irritation. It's so expensive too!

Respected Contributor

The woman in the ad... where she demos how to apply it....look at her nose...it's all weird colored.

It looks like she spends a lot of time sniffing out places to apply Lume. REALLY sniffing.

Question: Who does the quality control tests on Lume? How do they detemine how much odor there is in anyones nether regions after so many hours after use?

Answer....the woman in the ad. Look at her nose.

Imagine her on the bus in the seat beside you....she turns, looks at you, gives a big sniff with that oddly discolored nose,  and loudly yells... "AHA!!!! You ONLY showered eight hours ago...I can tell !!!"

Bleeecchhhhhh.

Most disgusting ad on Teevee. Second one? The woman pooping. And the manscape products ad. At least they just show the containers for that one.

All that's left is the one in color and close up of how and where to apply Preparation H.

Coming soon. 

Explosive diarrhea needs some air time too.

Occasional Contributor

If you want an actual opinion about the product, here you go. I live in Florida where yes it gets hit and humid. Coming from up North, I never had these body odor issues. I ordered the started pack, all unscented, and for me it works great. I am allergic to perfume, so I always order the unscented, I'm glad I tried it and will re-order. 

Super Contributor

I use Lume.  It absolutely works.  It is expensive, but I only need to use it every two or three days.  It is that effective.

If you decide to try it, you should know that the smell of the product when you first apply it is revolting.  Truly awful.  I actually wear a mask when I apply it.  As soon as it dries (about 15 minutes) the smell is gone.  Despite this drawback, I will definitely continue to use Lume.  It does what it says.

Valued Contributor

Halamme, Yea I have problems with scents also.

Mainly deodorants, soaps, laundry soap. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Active ingredient is mandelic acid, an AHA.  Nothing special about that. It's an antibacterial. Why Lume costs so much is beyond me.

You can use 2% BHA skin preps and it's a lot cheaper.

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried Lume, but I use Japanese persimmion soap.  It is expensive, but takes away and keeps away body odor.  I won't be without it.  You have to store it in a dry area or it will melt away.  I store it in the cardboard box between uses.

I buy the Mirai brand.