Honored Contributor

Re: Happy New Year - Please post your healthy meals!

[ Edited ]

My healthy lunch from yesterday, was 1/2 C. fat free cottage cheese, 3 oz. tuna fish with fat free mayo, and a tomato. It really was good!! 

My "dessert" now is sugar-free jello and sugar free cool whip.

That was pretty good too!! I'm a Weight Watcher member.

Honored Contributor

I made a big old salad on a huge dinner plate.  Lots of leafy greens (you know you're supposed to eat a third of the container - the smaller lettuce container).  Wonderful roma tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, cucumber, celery and a half cup cooked quinoa. 

I made a maple pecan vinegarette for dressing.

I am full!!!

Honored Contributor

"Chimp Burgers"

Banana - 2

Romaine head

Celery - 4 stalks

Cut bananas lengthwise & celery into strips.  

Place banana/celery into leaves

Munch away!

On the side:

Jasmine Rice mixed with Edamame, S/P

Orange for dessert

---------

Banana & lettuce together has an amazing taste....a sweet/salty thing. 

You can even blend bananas, lettuce & celery for a smoothie...or make a 'bowl' with the rice on the bottom, add banana/lettuce/celery on top. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I made a big old salad on a huge dinner plate.  Lots of leafy greens (you know you're supposed to eat a third of the container - the smaller lettuce container).  Wonderful roma tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, cucumber, celery and a half cup cooked quinoa. 

I am full!!!

I'd love more variety that is a healthy dressing. Would you share this please? Any other ladies that do their own salad dressings?

Honored Contributor

I am still working on my black bean and pepper burgers and sweet potato chips this week.  

As for dressing, a quick and easy one is oil, vinegar, and oregano, salt and pepper.  Very Italian and very good.  I use it all the time for cucumber salads.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I am full!!!

I don't go by a recipe per se, just throw it all in a processor. 

Large clove of garlic and a splash of balsamic vinegar, pulse.

Add some olive oil and a speck of maple syrup, and a sprinkle of course ground black pepper, pulse some more.

Add a few pecans, pulse again for a second or two.

It's usually for just one salad.  It has fat from nuts and oil, true.  But as a vegetarian, I do need fats.

Honored Contributor

Sauteed chicken breasts with some of the last of sweet potatoes for dinner last night.  

Changed up breakfast a bit with Grape Nuts and added cranberries with almond milk.

And I am officially addicted to navel oranges.  Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

Worked very late this week so kept off the computer at night so that I would get enough sleep.

I have a big bag of fresh organic kale that I have to use, to tonight's dinner will be kale-centric - probably steamed.  

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Sauteed chicken breasts with some of the last of sweet potatoes for dinner last night.  

Changed up breakfast a bit with Grape Nuts and added cranberries with almond milk.

And I am officially addicted to navel oranges.  Smiley Surprised

@Laura14 I have loved navel oranges since I was a kid.  I no longer drink juice, opting for a little fruit instead.  Naval oranges are the BEST!

Do the math.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll share one. I like a good sandwich on whole wheat bread, paired with fruits and veggies. These sandwichs probably could have had healthier fillings (these are BLTs with cheese), but I made a strong effort to work in nutritional value with the whole wheat bread and the sides. The juice is a lower sugar juice, but if I wanted I probably could have cut that out. This was a lunch for me and my husband to share! It was very good!  

1483459_3798472695632_1894381758_o.jpg