Trusted Contributor

Re: Happy New Year - Please post your healthy meals!

My dinner was a repeat of last night. I waivered over salmon instead of sardines, but no, it was sardines.  A creature of habit. Woman Tongue

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I did leftovers too.  I made some rotini with some leftover homemade almond milk cheese sauce.  I made my sister's birthday cake for tonight (which I am not touching) after work so I was tired.  

On the plus side, I have my cabbage salad for lunch today and I bought a new bag of navel oranges and pistachios.   

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I did leftovers too.  I made some rotini with some leftover homemade almond milk cheese sauce.  I made my sister's birthday cake for tonight (which I am not touching) after work so I was tired.  

On the plus side, I have my cabbage salad for lunch today and I bought a new bag of navel oranges and pistachios.   

Hi Laura,  You are very good skipping the birthday cake!  (I still do not feel like any treats following the holidays, so tonight is any easy passs for me.) I have to buy that cabbage salad, I'm sure I would enjoy that too.

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

Dinner was a salad with Romaine lettuce, a cup of steamed broccoli, half a can of wild salmon & sardines in olive oil.  I seasoned it with vinegar, Italian spices, powdered and brown mustard. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@MarieIG  You are so healthy and low cal.  I hate fish so I get an F in that department but I think I redeemed myself today.  I made black bean and pepper burgers and sweet potato chips.  That will probably be my dinner for the next week.  

Honored Contributor

My dinner tonight is vegetarian:

1 eggplant, sliced into thin rounds

1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds

2 large baking potatoes, sliced into thin rounds

1 can of tomato sauce, with garlic olive oil added and Penzey's spices

1 small brick of merlot cheese, shredded

I layered everything together, with sauce and cheese baked in between the layers.  It's still in the oven, but I'm excited for dinner!Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@MarieIG  You are so healthy and low cal.  I hate fish so I get an F in that department but I think I redeemed myself today.  I made black bean and pepper burgers and sweet potato chips.  That will probably be my dinner for the next week.  

@Laura14 That sounds delicious. Those sweet potato chips are my favorite, I have them for a special treat. 

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

My dinner tonight is vegetarian:

1 eggplant, sliced into thin rounds

1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds

2 large baking potatoes, sliced into thin rounds

1 can of tomato sauce, with garlic olive oil added and Penzey's spices

1 small brick of merlot cheese, shredded

I layered everything together, with sauce and cheese baked in between the layers.  It's still in the oven, but I'm excited for dinner!Cat Happy

@lolakimono   Wow!  You are reminding me how much I love eggplant!  Shopping is done for the week but I will have to remember to add that to the list for next week.

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

I was just a tiny bit under the weather tonight (nothing serious), so dinner was a bowl of cabbage soup, with a little salmon on the side. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@MarieIG

Yesterday's dinner was a hybrid of these two recipes, with these  ingredients:

garlic

lime

shrimp

cauliflower

cashews

scallions

siracha sauce

GF soy sauce

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Cauliflower-quot-Fried-quot-Rice/m-p/1865624/highlight/true#M327...

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Spicy-Siracha-Cauliflower/m-p/1688857/highlight/true#M30874