Trusted Contributor

Re: Handy chart for what to disinfect frequently

Thank you @GingerPeach!

Frequent Contributor

Washer and dryer knobs, computer mouse, toilet and bathtub knobs, and anything that doesn't move, like my husband.

Trusted Contributor

Even though I'm working from home and only leaving my home once a week I still clean my cell phone, computer keyboard and mouse everyday.  Lucklily my mailbox has a door on the front for the mail carier and the back for me to use so I don't have to worry about that but I do let the mail and boxes sit.  I have always been one to lysol door handles, light switches, etc.

What I would add to this list is the keypad for your alarm system and garage door opener, TV remotes, microwave, stove knobs.  There are so many surfaces I lysol all the time.

Respected Contributor

Our household rule is to wash your hands as soon as you walk in the door, so our home is a pretty clean zone. No touching of anything with dirty hands. This way I don't need to be constantly sanitizing everything. 

Esteemed Contributor

Also, car door handles and the truck lever. I do the inside every time I get in the car 

Honored Contributor

Why would I wipe down all of these items if I've haven't left the house and don't have the virus. Overkill.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Why would I wipe down all of these items if I've haven't left the house and don't have the virus. Overkill.

I agree.  

No one is going out, no one is coming in, the only thing coming in is the mail and groceries once a week.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Hello my friend,

Just wanted to say that your kindness and expertise in this area is always so wonderful.

I'm amazed you know just what to do to make things work, an generous in explaining to posters.

Hope you are staying safe and finding peace!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Hello my friend,

Just wanted to say that your kindness and expertise in this area is always so wonderful.

I'm amazed you know just what to do to make things work, an generous in explaining to posters.

Hope you are staying safe and finding peace!

Hello, @Witchy Woman!    Thank you for that lovely compliment.   I've been the recipient of an abundance of support and help here on the forums, an abundance of grace, really.   I've learned so much from others, so it's important to try and "give back."   I appreciate when anyone takes the time and effort to share -- I suppose there's nothing we post here that is helpful to everyone, but if it helps one person that's a gift not to be discounted.    Thanks, again, and I return the good wishes to you and yours, and to all who are reading and posting here.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I agree.  I have been getting groceries once every 8 days or so.  I wear a mask. No gloves. No handbag. Use a wipe or plastic bag on cart handle. Try NOT to touch anthing unless I buy. When I get home I do wipe my car handle and steering wheel, house door handles and I leave my key fob and grocery list and credit card out to sit for a few days. 

I admit I have not wiped down all groceries.  After putting things away  I scrub my hands then go take a shower.  It may not be perfect disinfecting but so far it seems to be enough. The most important thing to me i staying at least 6 feet from others and wearing a mask. Wearing gloves makes no sense to me.  THe virus can live on them too and its just one more thing to be careful with as far as taking off and discarding properly. Then you still are touching those with your hands.  Just wash your hands!