Frequent Contributor

Are you familiar with the product Untangled Hair Supplement? ( foundationskincare.com)  It was recommended by my dermatologist.  It is a twice a day capsule made up of a proprietary blend.  The website mentions avoid heat and dye so this product may not be an option for me.

According to the website "Proven to stimulate hair growth, our custom blend of vitamins, minerals, herbs and acids, help to revitalize a stagnant hair growth cycle by increasing the production of keratin in follicles for visibly thicker, fuller hair. "  

She also recommended Rogaine 5%.so this may be my only option.  If you are using it, what has been your experience.

Comments welcome.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hair Thinning Treatments??

@maisiebrook I have not taken Untangled Hair Supplement, but saw that there are reviews in Amazon in case you want to look.

I was curious because I do take a supplement.  I haven't had any bald spots, but do have thin hair at the temples, and my hair parted in some places wider than in the past.  I started taking Nutrafol in June 2022 and have found that to have increased my hair volume.  The growth since I started taking the supplement is also shinier and I would describe it as better looking.  The dose is 4 capsules a day with a meal, and I take them all with the same meal, my largest of the day.  The meal needs to have fat because the product needs fat to work.

One of the graphics in Amazon compares the 2 products and the 2 seem to have many of the same ingredients, though Nutrafol has higher quantities.  Nutrafol is also more expensive.  Both have proprietary formulas and they don't describe the quantities of each of the ingredients in that formula.  I noticed that the chart in the Untangled Hair Supplement did not identify the ingredients in the Nutrafol proprietary formula, so I am including the label below for your info.  Many of the ingredients are the same.  My guess is FDA does not require disclosure of the quantities of these products

I have not experienced any side effects and am happy with the product.  I don't recall any contraindications, so if you are interested please make sure you look at those in case they affect you.  I have not seen a dermatologist.

I have not tried Rogaine.  I did try a hair laser and was not satisfied with the results, though I know other people have been satisfied.  I have continued to use it because I think it helped a little but not sure.  The difference Nutrafol made was obvious, but it takes time because of the need to see if the hair is growing and filling in,  I was patient and waited months before evaluating its effectiveness.

Nutrafol Women Supplement Facts.jpg

Honored Contributor

Wonder if the Keratin is plant based, probably not since it is not labeled as plant based.

Super Contributor

I used Rogaine for women for over three years and saw NO difference.  My hair is falling out a lot from what I see myself and in my shower drain catcher.  I see a Dermo and doctor regularly and they have found no apparent reason.  I am 72.  I am going to look into the products mentioned here.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Wonder if the Keratin is plant based, probably not since it is not labeled as plant based.

Yes, usually comes from sheep

Honored Contributor

Also doesnt tell you what kind of marine collagen,I dont use any of them with tilapia. 

Trusted Contributor

I have been taking Nutrafol Women's Balance for a few years and think it really helps.  I have hardly any hair fall in the shower drain anymore and I used to have a lot,  I have fine hair that was really starting to thin out and it now feels thicker than it was before I started using it.

I have a subscription from Nutrafol, not Amazon, though I think the price is almost the same.  One thing I like about getting it from Nutrafol is you can get refill packs each month instead of getting a new bottle each time.  It's rather expensive, but well worth it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@maisiebrook I have not taken Untangled Hair Supplement, but saw that there are reviews in Amazon in case you want to look.

I was curious because I do take a supplement.  I haven't had any bald spots, but do have thin hair at the temples, and my hair parted in some places wider than in the past.  I started taking Nutrafol in June 2022 and have found that to have increased my hair volume.  The growth since I started taking the supplement is also shinier and I would describe it as better looking.  The dose is 4 capsules a day with a meal, and I take them all with the same meal, my largest of the day.  The meal needs to have fat because the product needs fat to work.

One of the graphics in Amazon compares the 2 products and the 2 seem to have many of the same ingredients, though Nutrafol has higher quantities.  Nutrafol is also more expensive.  Both have proprietary formulas and they don't describe the quantities of each of the ingredients in that formula.  I noticed that the chart in the Untangled Hair Supplement did not identify the ingredients in the Nutrafol proprietary formula, so I am including the label below for your info.  Many of the ingredients are the same.  My guess is FDA does not require disclosure of the quantities of these products

I have not experienced any side effects and am happy with the product.  I don't recall any contraindications, so if you are interested please make sure you look at those in case they affect you.  I have not seen a dermatologist.

I have not tried Rogaine.  I did try a hair laser and was not satisfied with the results, though I know other people have been satisfied.  I have continued to use it because I think it helped a little but not sure.  The difference Nutrafol made was obvious, but it takes time because of the need to see if the hair is growing and filling in,  I was patient and waited months before evaluating its effectiveness.

Nutrafol Women Supplement Facts.jpg

Do you know the name of the other two products with the same ingredients on Amazon are? 

Respected Contributor

I have used Nutrafol for 19 months now and my hair is fuller than ever.

My hairline grew back, its a slow process but for me it worked!

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 The 2 products that I referred to in my answer as seeming to have many of the same ingredients but in different quantities are the Untangled Hair Supplement that the op asked about and the Nutrafol that I take.  The comparison was a graphic in the Untangled Hair Supplement Amazon listing.  I am posting it below.  You can see there are proprietary blends listed where the quantities of specific nutrients are not identified, so it is hard to do a 1 to 1 comparison.  The combination of nutrients are also different, so that could also make a difference in the results.