Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair Thinning Treatments??

Thanks @SilleeMee  you have been very helpful.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe Yes, it's $79/month.  I just double checked my credit card and there are no other charges, just the $79.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @lkat!

Occasional Contributor

Good Morning,

For those of you who are taking Nutrafol, What happens when you stop taking it?  Does one have to take these pills for life?  If you stop, what happens to your hair?  Does the hair begin to shed again?

I was always curious about this and its what has stopped me from using Nutrafol.

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

@Coach Lover I understand you.  I was reluctant to try Nutrafol because it has to be taken forever.  I don't think all the hair will fall off all at once when I stop, but I imagine there will be gradual loss to the way I was or worse.  (My hair is just thinner, not balding.)  That is why I tried the laser helmet firsts.  One needs to use those forever too, but it is not a continuing cost every month.  But unfortunately, I was unsatisfied with the laser results.  I haven't been to a dermatologist, but I think all they do is recommend Rogaine.   I did see an endocrinologist who could have addressed any health issues associated with hair loss, but she found nothing.

I imagine at some point I will want to stop, but I will not worry about this.  We eat every day too, and they are nutrients.  I think they help the skin as well.  I also take Vital Proteins.  I am very happy with these products.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your input!  Much appreciated! Heart

Respected Contributor

I am finding more hair in my shower drain and my hair is thinning on the crown. Stylist mentions it everytime I see her...grrr......derm suggested Biotin...I took it for a year and didn't notice any difference....but I didn't see any hair on my shower drain while taking it...so may go back on it again. Only bad side effect I had was having to cut my nails all the time. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good old fish oil works wonders for me, as well as scalp exfoliation, which I do manually, using a stainless steel dental tool, run through my scalp.

I used to buy fancy, expensive fish oil. Now I just get the generic brand that comes free with my Freedom Health plan. Same good results.

I had serious hair thinning/loss before I hit on this regimen.