Honored Contributor

Re: Had first vaccine last week

@cactusgal @Drythe @KingstonsMom @grandma2pkmh 

Thank you all for the reassurances.  It's good to hear from others who have the same issue.

Having had a bad reaction to an ordinary flu shot and also a tetanus booster in the past, I wasn't looking forward to any reaction to this, but I was still determined to go through with it.

Thanks again!

Super Contributor

I had Moderna in early March, my 2nd dose is April 5.   I only had a sore arm and some fatigue.

I am a bit worried about the 2nd dose, but I'm ready to get it done and hope I only have slight side effects.   I also registered with the CDC.  I went to Walgreens and they gave me some info about the CDC texting me for a week and then after to see what my side effects are.  It's kind of cool.  It's now weekly not daily and will be daily again when I get #2.

I just know I will feel safer.  I will still be wearing masks and distancing, changing nothing there.  I work full-time and am around people every day.  I have noticed less Covid cases in our bldg, so that is promising.

I hope the vaccine proves to be easy on you and we get through this with more confidence that we won't get sick.

Take care.

Honored Contributor

I got the moderna, no arm soreness, but night sweats.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I go tomorrow (3/22) for my first one.  I'm not sure what vaccine they are giving at the clinic I am going to.  We'll see.   I'm a little nervous but happy at the same time.  

Respected Contributor

Both my husband and I are going next week to receive first dose.After so many fails of not being able to get an appointment, we were finally successful.  I felt like I won the lottery.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy - I know what you mean.  I said the same to my DH because I needed to wait for the two-dose vaccine.  I couldn't believe it, when I actually got an appointment and I said to him "It's crazy - it's like winning the lottery!"

Respected Contributor

@Venezia  I have severe RA and my rheumatologist told me to get the vaccine. I have completed the Moderna vaccine...some side effects but tolerable. I feel more secure.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I got the moderna, no arm soreness, but night sweats.

@goldensrbest 

Hopefully you don't have any more side effects from this shot, nor the 2nd dose when you are scheduled to have injected.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I've got mine booked for next week.  I was in two minds about it, because they're still not sure how it affects those with RA, but I've decided to take my chances with a flare-up.  Better that than coronavirus.

My DH got his last week; the J&J one-dose.  I was advised to get either the Pfizer or Moderna, so that's why I haven't had it yet.  I'm hoping it doesn't affect me too badly.

I had a "mild" case of Covid (sick three weeks and still not completely over it), and on doctor's orders, I had the first Pfizer  vaccine 2 weeks ago and had a moderately uncomfortable reaction to it, and will have the second Pfizer this weekend.

Take my word for it, you have made the right decision. 

Honored Contributor

My cousin had her second dose of Moderna on Tuesday.   She was fine all day, went to bed feeling fine.  

Woke up after midnight with chills and a fever of 104.   Tylenol brought her temperature down to 102, where it stayed for about 12-14 hours.   She felt fine by bedtime last night, has a noticeable site reaction, but still feels fine today.   

My cousin reacts this way to many things, so this reaction was no surprise; she was prepared.