Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had first vaccine last week

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Venezia 

I've had both Moderna shots and DH (who has auto immune disease) had both Pfizer shots, neither of us had any side effects other than site soreness.

@KingstonsMom I got my first shot of Moderna March l8. I was told I will be fine with the first but expect the second shot with temp., nausea, loss of appetite and other symptoms like Covid. 

I'm not looking forward to April 14 and just hope I am as lucky as you and your DH.

Esteemed Contributor

i got second shot of pfizer yesterday....was extremely nauseous all day today....with a mild headache....i'm going to bed!

Honored Contributor

I had the first Moderna shot Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't bad.  Sore arm, still tender today, but not bad.  And I've felt quite tired, but I'm so glad I went through with it.

I appreciate everyone who's been good enough to share his or her experience.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Venezia 

I've had both Moderna shots and DH (who has auto immune disease) had both Pfizer shots, neither of us had any side effects other than site soreness.

@KingstonsMom I got my first shot of Moderna March l8. I was told I will be fine with the first but expect the second shot with temp., nausea, loss of appetite and other symptoms like Covid. 

I'm not looking forward to April 14 and just hope I am as lucky as you and your DH.

@febe1 

Try not to worry.  What you might feel after the 2nd shot varies so much.  I was kind of dreading it, but just felt cold and very achy that night.  I took Arthritis Strength Tylenol the next morning and felt pretty normal.  I did my regular activities all day and slept 9 hours the next night.  That was it.  Hubby felt absolutely NO side effects from his 2nd shot.  We both got Moderna. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I might as well throw my two cents in.  I got my second Pfizer vaccination Monday, March 22nd.  By the time I completed my twenty minute drive home, I was extremely nauseous.  Went straight to bed without eating which I had been looking forward to.  One thing about nausea is that it takes away the appetite.  It got better the next day but only because of the Dramamine that it took.  Yesterday, Thursday, since I was feeling better, I decided to take the five minute drive to Culver's for some unneeded ice cream.  I backed out of the garage and immediately started to feel more nausea again.  Got back with ice cream and couldn't eat it.  I'm predisposed to dizziness and nausea so I wasn't too surprised.  Pain killers, anesthesia, etc make me nauseous.  I just hope this is almost over.  Forgot to mention the fatigue.  Better than Covid, I guess.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Well, I might as well throw my two cents in.  I got my second Pfizer vaccination Monday, March 22nd.  By the time I completed my twenty minute drive home, I was extremely nauseous.  Went straight to bed without eating which I had been looking forward to.  One thing about nausea is that it takes away the appetite.  It got better the next day but only because of the Dramamine that it took.  Yesterday, Thursday, since I was feeling better, I decided to take the five minute drive to Culver's for some unneeded ice.  I backed out of the garage and immediately started to feel more nausea again.  Got back with ice cream and couldn't eat it.  I'm predisposed to dizziness and nausea so I wasn't too surprised.  Pain killers, anesthesia, etc make me nauseous.  I just hope this is almost over.  Forgot to mention the fatigue.  Better than Covid, I guess.

I hope you feel better very soon!

I have a nausea thing too. For me it's that I get carsick at the drop of a hat if I try to read while riding in a car. It's such a pain, so I feel for you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Me, too @Porcelain!  Many a trip has been spoiled because I was indisposed for part of it cause I didn't take enough Dramamine.  (It makes me drowsy so I take only as much as I think I need.  The non-drowsy formula gives me a slight headache).  The patch works better but keeping it on for the three days it's supposed to be on makes the area itch and I look like I had ringworm in that spot  when I take it off.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Me, too @Porcelain!  Many a trip has been spoiled because I was indisposed for part of it cause I didn't take enough Dramamine.  (It makes me drowsy so I take only as much as I think I need.  The non-drowsy formula gives me a slight headache).  The patch works better but keeping it on for the three days it's supposed to be on makes the area itch and I look like I had ringworm in that spot  when I take it off.

Yep. Knocks me down for a day too. I've had a whole day during a trip ruined because I looked at a map or brochure from the motel a few seconds too long. Boy does it worry people who aren't used to it when you start retching out the car door all of a sudden. lol

Please do check in and let us know how you're doing with your vaccine reactions? I'll be getting my first Pfizer shot in April.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Had both Pfizer shots and both times only had a slightly sore arm (less than when I have my flu shot). Pleasantly surprised.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @shoesnbags. He actually surprised me in saying "I" would be sick, not some will be sick, many will be, a few will be, sometimes, many times. That was expected, but to explicity tell me "I" would be sick for three days! He probably was a vaccinator with an important looking white jacket. I hope I'll be as lucky as you.